Problems with Channels from Shaw

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
damama55
Übergod

Re: Problems with Channels from Shaw

Post by damama55 »

They asked me to do that, but, I have some problems with arthritis acting up today, and can't get the cable off. They are going to send someone out tomorrow. Last time, that didn't help, so, we will see. Thanks for the tip, though. I do appreciate all the inputs we get.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

damama55 wrote:They asked me to do that, but, I have some problems with arthritis acting up today, and can't get the cable off. They are going to send someone out tomorrow. Last time, that didn't help, so, we will see. Thanks for the tip, though. I do appreciate all the inputs we get.

IF you can just unplug the power.......try that too. Forget about the cable connection, that is just to reset the TV connection and eliminate the TV as the source of the problem.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Okay, have done that, unplugging the TV, and now watching channel 8 news and, so far, no freeze frames. Maybe?? If that does it, I will let you know. Thank you. :)
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

Un-plug the "cable box"! Not the TV, wait 5 minutes and then plug it back in again.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Well, so far, no freezes, but, the color goes all crazy, and then, it looks like a sweeping goes across the screen, and the color becomes right. Crazy or what, eh?
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Sorry, but the cable box is behind my couch, and can't pull on the couch to get at the box. As I say, have been watching the news for awhile now, and no freeze frames. Will see what the person says tomorrow. He will have the strength to pull the couch out to reset the box. As I say, this gettin' old stuff sucks. LOL And I prove it every day. LOL
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

damama55 wrote:Sorry, but the cable box is behind my couch, and can't pull on the couch to get at the box. As I say, have been watching the news for awhile now, and no freeze frames. Will see what the person says tomorrow. He will have the strength to pull the couch out to reset the box. As I say, this gettin' old stuff sucks. LOL And I prove it every day. LOL

Go find the circuit breaker and turn it off, wait, then turn it back on. If you don't know which breaker it is then turn them all off and slowly turn back on and mark them as to which do what. It is information that is handy to know anyway.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Thank you, Bsuds. Never thought of that. :) Did it, and have been watching Channel 8, Global, and NO problems as of yet. :)
I do love the help from our forum contributors. Will see how it goes this evening. Thanks, again. :) I am still going to wait for the person to come from Shaw, as I can't get the security channel for our building. Will let you know how that goes.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Well, the nice young man came from Shaw and he says there ARE problems with Channel 8 and that Shaw is aware of it. They are trying to fix it, but they don't really know why it is happening. He did fix the hookup for my TV so I can actually see the security camera channel now. So, I guess we will continue to have problems with channel 8 until they figure it out. Glad I called them, though. Shutting the breaker off did seem to reset the box, but he said it is probably just a temporary fix. Anyway, good luck to anyone else having problems with reception. Thanks, again, for all the good advice. :)
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

Thank you for the feedback.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

What I've noticed about Shaw is there system keep showing up no ip (like this morning), good thing I have internet with someone else.

Added: I'm not going to bother calling just to sit phone for who knows how long, since it's a holiday.
before anyone asks yes I've done unplug & hold down off/on button, it goes threw its booting stuff just end up with no ip
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

I hope the following info helps. :)

"Configure the Internet Connection device.
Disable the wifi device, then wire a connection to the router.
View Network connections, right click on the LAN Connection->Properties.
Scroll to TCP/IP, select that line and click the Properties button.
Make sure that Obtain {DHCP & DNS} are both marked [x]
Click the Alternative tab and [x] Automatic
click OK and OK again."

Disconnect the wired connection, wait 30 seconds and then connect again.

If not, give Shaw a call. They shouldn't be too busy this time of the day. Good luck.
Happy Canada Day. :)​
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ don't have internet with Shaw only TV
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

GordonH wrote:^^^ don't have internet with Shaw only TV

You have my sympathy... :biggrin:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:^^^ don't have internet with Shaw only TV

Bsuds wrote:You have my sympathy... :biggrin:

No desire to switch to Telus TV since they don't carry WHL games and Shaw does

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”