Problems with Channels from Shaw

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Problems with Channels from Shaw

Post by xjeepguy »

What was the problem , what did they say ? Still happens here on Global a lot .
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

I don't know what the problem is you are having, but you need to let Shaw know. With a lot of us, it was freeze frames on the news program in the morning, from Channel 8. If I switched to Channel 4, it wouldn't happen. They have worked on the problem for months, about 3 months, and it looks like the issue has been pretty well resolved. If you are having issues of any kind with Shaw, you need to call them. Make sure the rep you are talking to puts notes on your account, and, get the name of the rep you have reported the problem to.
They really do care and will try their best to make you a happy customer.
Sheesh, now that I have said that, it just did it at 7:48 AM. LOL But, again, it is happening maybe 3 times during the whole broadcast, instead of 10 times or more.
Good luck.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

damama55 wrote:
Sheesh, now that I have said that, it just did it at 7:48 AM. LOL But, again, it is happening maybe 3 times during the whole broadcast, instead of 10 times or more.
Good luck.

Yup they fixed it! :dyinglaughing:
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

LOL I know. LOL Well, 3 times in the 3 1/2 hours is soooooo much better than 3 times every half hour. Like I said, they pretty well have it resolved, BUT--looks like it may need a little more tweaking.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Global this morning (on Bell) was a mess. It was a constant pixellation for minutes at a time.
Don't think it's a problem with Shaw. (except I believe they own Global)
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Shaw_Sean

Post by Shaw_Sean »

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been on sooner to give you guys an update. I just received word from our Lead Network Analyst that they're in the process of replacing each and every piece of network equipment (one by one) that feeds this channel. I'm glad to hear that it's happening less often now and hopefully once these repairs have been completed the issue will be resolved once and for all.

Once I receive any further updates I'll be sure to let you folks know.

Cheers,
Sean
Sean - Shaw Employee
Twitter: @Shaw_Sean
OffRoad
Übergod

Post by OffRoad »

I haven't had this problem myself but it was happening all the time for my brother-in-law, even on recorded programs. He had Shaw replace his HD PVR and hasn't seen the problem since. Sorry, I don't know the model of the PVR that was replaced or the replacement model.
Dave_1963
Banned

Post by Dave_1963 »

We were with Shaw for 3 years. Phone, TV and internet bundle. Our phone would go dead for 1-2 hours every week. Constant picture freezing and pixeling. Switched to Telus for all our services in October, and have had no problems whatsoever. Way better channel selection, $100 less per month, and when you call them, you can actually talk to someone! Not like Shaw putting me on hold for so long the batteries on my cordless phone died!
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Sorry, folks. Shaw is still working on the issue of freeze frames. This is the latest word from them.

"We have ordered some new hardware in another attempt to fix this , and we’re just waiting on its arrival. I’m hoping we can make some changes next week , and if we do I’ll let you know so you can monitor for us again."

They have been trying to get this resolved now for months, and, I am sure, are as frustrated as we are. Tonight, Sat., Mar. 17, HGTVD, on Channel 231, actually froze for about 2 minutes or so. Whatever is happening, it is not just with Channel 8. I think they may be on the same feed, I think that is what they call it.
Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that yes, they are still very well aware of the issues we are experiencing and they ARE trying to fix it.
All the best and I hope everyone stays safe.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Good news ! ! Good news ! ! I have been watching the morning news now for the past week, on Channel 8, Global TV, and no more Freeze Frames!
As I let you all know before, Shaw has been trying to get this resolved for months, changing wiring in my apartment, to changing connections to finally, changing something that did the trick. I don't know what they changed to fix it, but, I do know, that it is sooooo nice to watch and not see the freeze frames and missing half of what was said.
A sincere thank you to Brian, from Shaw, and all involved with trying to get the issue resolved. Everyone has been very attentive and did their best to help.
If you have a problem with Shaw, please, let them know. They can't fix it if they don't know about it.
Thank you, once again, to all who reported the problems, too. Sometimes it may take more than one voice, but, together, we do get great results.
All the best. Stay safe and have a great weekend.
:discodance: :sunshine:
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Well, Global is doing it again, from Vancouver. This time, we are getting freezing actions going on. Someone is talking, and they get freeze framed.
Has anyone else noticed this happening??
I have contacted Shaw, a few minutes ago, so will keep you up to date, when I get an answer. :)
Last edited by damama55 on May 16th, 2016, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

We've had that on and off with the Discovery channel over the last year or so.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

When I spoke to the Shaw CSR, she said that they had NO other reports of problems. If we don't call them, they don't know. Please call them and tell them. :) Thank you. The more reports they get, the more seriously they will take the issue.
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

Have you tried "Cold Booting" your box? (NO Pun intended). Unplug the cable box from the TV and the power supply, AND I don't mean "just turn it off". UNPLUG IT! Wait 5 minutes and start it up again. Try it, see if that helps.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

damama55 wrote:When I spoke to the Shaw CSR, she said that they had NO other reports of problems. If we don't call them, they don't know. Please call them and tell them. :) Thank you. The more reports they get, the more seriously they will take the issue.

I rarely watch 4 or 8, currently watching hockey which Global never has on.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”