Bell TV HD receivers obsolete

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Re: Bell TV HD receivers obsolete

Post by NAB »

I don't agree related to the owned ones, but perhaps that's just me. If I had more than one 9200 or 6100 or whatever, I would expect them to replace one of them free and only deactivate one of them in exchange if they want to be hard nosed about it. The rest of them are my own business if I want to use them or sell them as a functional secondary or more receiver up to a total of 6 or whatever the individual account limit is..

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
davevolt

Re: Bell TV HD receivers obsolete

Post by davevolt »

Just a note. Everyone knows that the 9200 is obsolete, and Bell has deactivated the units, however they still can be used for OTA reception with an off air antenna, and the DO record the off air stream.
I have been using mine as an off air receiver ever since I canceled my Bell service 5 years ago.
The guide does not work, and you have to set the recording manually just as in the days of the VCR, but it does work, and records a beautiful HD picture, far better in quality than any satellite broadcast ever was.
Just my 2 cents in there for what it is worth.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”