Any good online movie sites?

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Any good online movie sites?????

Post by Logitack »

ok, so movies arent great, all i need to know...

as for the tv shows, you might want to check out http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/

they have a lot of the premium stuff available a day or two after it shows on showtime, hbo, et cetera

and it is freeeeee :127:
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

SurplusElect wrote:Project Free TV has quite a few movies available to stream - for free as the name implies.

Hey thanks for this, looks good, I will check it out shortly.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Triple 6 wrote:
Logitack wrote:how current are the movies at the graboid....out of curiosity?

I use graboid as well. I pay the 4.99 monthly fee. I use it to get a lot of TV shows that are only on subscription channels with shaw. (SOA, Justified etc...)
Lots of movies are brand new (some in theatre) but are really bad quality. Better off waiting a few weeks.

I use nextflix, but the US version. Way better than Canada.

My son who also has graboid asked me if I had problems with quality, I never had one problem in that area, and like I said I have watched over 200 movies from them. But again he probably watches more of the reent ones also. I really recommend "untouchables" 2012 I believe, about a parapalegic guy, I actually laughed out loud at a comedy, first time in years!
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

binky11 wrote:Hey how come you pay $4.99 a month and I pay $19.99? Hmmmmm.

I only get 10,000 mb a month. You probably have the Gold membership with unlimited.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Triple 6 wrote:
binky11 wrote:Hey how come you pay $4.99 a month and I pay $19.99? Hmmmmm.

I only get 10,000 mb a month. You probably have the Gold membership with unlimited.

ahhhhhh, ok, makes sense, thanks :)
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Poindexter wrote:

Loading speed is at crawl. Selection is nice though.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

so is the proxpn the best of the worst free vpn or is one still better off getting a subscription using a paid vpn?
Jo
Slot 16

Re: Any good online movie sites?

Post by Jo »

I am restoring this thread, because it has a lot of good suggestions.

Please keep in mind that these are the views of members only. Castanet does not recoomend that you visit or use warez/illegal download sites.
Scadam
Übergod

Post by Scadam »

To have access to the US Netflix selection, it needs to see that your request originated in the US. There are services that offer a workaround for this, much like if you physically rent a US PO box for mail/packages. The two common methods are VPN and DNS.

VPN (virtual private network) wa more common in the past, but the downside is that ALL traffic has to go through that VPN site, and because you are creating an entire virtual network there is constant overhead. So you are at the mercy of their speeds, and your speed and latency will always take a hit from the added overhead.

The other option is DNS (domain name server), and that's what I use. All it does is forward your requests, but the connection to Netflix or wherever remains between you and netflix. The one I use is http://www.unotelly.com/unodns/ I simply plugged in the DNS numbers provided for the US DNS server nearest us, on my PS3 only, and suddenly Netflix was showing the US selection. It is device specific as well, another benefit over VPN. No need for your home PCs or any other device to be involved if they don't need a US service.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

if you like old movies this is one of my favorite places to go. :) http://archive.org/details/feature_films
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

If you like documentaries this is a great site:

http://www.filmsforaction.org/
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

I am going to ask people not to provide links to warez/illegal download sites. If you see one posted, please report it so that the link can be removed.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Jo wrote:I am going to ask people not to provide links to warez/illegal download sites. If you see one posted, please report it so that the link can be removed.

How will we know if it is an illegal one? Is there some way to tell?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Typically people who post such links know quite well whether it is an illegal download site or not. If in doubt, just posst the name without the link.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Okay - I was just wondering how I would know if I saw an illegal one ... so I could report it. :D

I am "illegal link/site" challenged.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”