Shaw VS Telus Optik

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Shaw VS Telus Optik

Post by Omnitheo »

what was the problem? I've known companies to take over a week to resolve a problem. 3 days doesn't sound too severe, but it depends on the issue, and if those 3 days were over some sort of stat holiday weekend or something
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Omnitheo wrote:what was the problem? I've known companies to take over a week to resolve a problem. 3 days doesn't sound too severe, but it depends on the issue, and if those 3 days were over some sort of stat holiday weekend or something

Wasn't 3 days ... he said "been on the phone or internet chat with my provider every month for the last 5 months and it still isn't resolved!"
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

What she said, I said. 5 months and 5 calls and still not fixed.

Well sort of cause I have cancelled my account with but I suspect I will have to call them to correct final billing.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

After being a long time Bell , then Telus satellite customer we switched over to Optik . More channels for less cost is one pro , great picture ( no more weather pixelation events ) . We've never had any billing issues with Telus .

Things I personally hate about Optik !

NO auto tune !!! W/T/F ? After being used to that feature for 15 years it's horrible being without it , so I'm really hoping they'll add it .
The guide IMO sucks , they do not need the video to be displayed for every channel you scroll by , it makes the guide slow and clunky . Satellite guide was very fast .
We have three boxes ( system uses one central PVR ) and it would be nice if each stb had its own folder in the PVR .
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

ah 3 tries* sorry thought you said 3 days lol. But yeah, sometimes that's about all you can do if they can't fix your problem.
Last edited by Omnitheo on Aug 7th, 2014, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

xjeepguy, none of those functions will be coming back. That style/usage of TV is extremely old/outdated/terrible.

"Post by Bsuds » Yesterday, 7:45 pm

You believe whatever you want but they lost me as a customer by not being able to correct the problem with 3 trys."

"Post by Bsuds » Today, 11:01 am

Well sort of cause I have cancelled my account with but I suspect I will have to call them to correct final billing."

Actually, looks like you contradicted yourself...

As for wanting to blame a company for the fault of one/two reps. That makes you a bit of an unrealistic, head in the clouds type.

Not saying any one provider is better than the other, they literally all provide the same thing/level of service.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

Loed wrote:xjeepguy, none of those functions will be coming back. That style/usage of TV is extremely old/outdated/terrible.

According to the Telus tech that installed all this stuff , the complaints coming from the Shaw cross overs are enough to warrant it in one of the future software upgrades . Reminder / auto tune is not as 'outdated ' as you think it is :>/
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Loed wrote:xjeepguy, none of those functions will be coming back. That style/usage of TV is extremely old/outdated/terrible.

"Post by Bsuds » Yesterday, 7:45 pm

You believe whatever you want but they lost me as a customer by not being able to correct the problem with 3 trys."

"Post by Bsuds » Today, 11:01 am

Well sort of cause I have cancelled my account with but I suspect I will have to call them to correct final billing."

Actually, looks like you contradicted yourself...

As for wanting to blame a company for the fault of one/two reps. That makes you a bit of an unrealistic, head in the clouds type.

Not saying any one provider is better than the other, they literally all provide the same thing/level of service.

Read back and try and keep up. My first 2 calls to them was trying to get them to cancel the rental PVR. The 3 following calls were to stop the billing for said returned PVR.

First they claimed I owned the PVR and it took a suggestion that they refund 3 years of rental that they charged me for them to finally send the box etc to return it. You can't return it without a number. During that time (while not using it) I was still paying for it. Now that it is back in their possession I am still being charged for it!
Enough is enough.
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

xjeepguy wrote:According to the Telus tech that installed all this stuff , the complaints coming from the Shaw cross overs are enough to warrant it in one of the future software upgrades . Reminder / auto tune is not as 'outdated ' as you think it is :>/

It's not coming back, don't you worry about it though, there's no need for it.

It's also quite old and based on technology that TV service providers have moved away from.
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

Bsuds wrote:Read back and try and keep up. My first 2 calls to them was trying to get them to cancel the rental PVR. The 3 following calls were to stop the billing for said returned PVR.

First they claimed I owned the PVR and it took a suggestion that they refund 3 years of rental that they charged me for them to finally send the box etc to return it. You can't return it without a number. During that time (while not using it) I was still paying for it. Now that it is back in their possession I am still being charged for it!
Enough is enough.

I don't care what the issue was, I'm simply quoting where you were mis-interpreted and misrepresented your statement is all.

You're leaving a lot of information out, and really, I don't care. How you live your life is your choice.

;)
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I gave all that info before, you just choose not to comprehend. I think you must work for them and if you don't you should apply as you will fit right in.
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

Bsuds wrote:I gave all that info before, you just choose not to comprehend. I think you must work for them and if you don't you should apply as you will fit right in.

I'm not even defending them, I'm just explaining reality and the functionality of large corporations to you.

It's not my fault if that logic is past your understanding.

Honestly, at this point we're just arguing personal ethics.

The base issue is a cultural one. People don't care about their jobs anymore, so you get *bleep* reps on the phone to help you out, and the company can do very little to identify them since people are really good at acting properly when management is around.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Loed wrote:The base issue is a cultural one. People don't care about their jobs anymore, so you get *bleep* reps on the phone to help you out, and the company can do very little to identify them since people are really good at acting properly when management is around.

Okay, so when they say this call is recorded for quality proposes.

That just line of BS, they are not record it. If they had someone in quality control would see issues with certain call centre staff/Rep. and fire there *bleep* on the spot.

Got it
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

GordonH wrote:Okay, so when they say this call is recorded for quality proposes.

That just line of BS, they are not record it. If they had someone in quality control would see issues with certain call centre staff/Rep. and fire there *bleep* on the spot.

Got it

They are recorded and can be pulled up if needed for abuse, etc... They do this in all centers, it's a legal thing. There's usually a time limit on these recordings and no-one goes over them afterwards unless requested to do so, that would be a giant waste of time and money.
blue5

Post by blue5 »

I have been reading the forums on "Shaw vs Telus" and I find it very interesting. I have been a Shaw customer for over 20 years. Yesterday I went into Shaw office to bundle my cable, internet and phone with Shaw for the prices listed on the Shaw internet site for new customers. Shaw said that I was not a new customer and therefore I do not qualify for their promotional prices and have to pay regular price. They said they could give me one month free. I said "let me get this straight" I have been a good customer supporting your business for over 20 years and to thank me for the loyalty and support (works out to over $30 000) Shaw can not work out a promotional deal offered to non-customers who have not supported your business financially at all? Hmmm? I thanked them for their generous offer to pay my bill for one moth in order to keep me but I needed to look at the competition. That is what I did and Telus has some fabulous promotions and deals. Now I am just researching peoples personal experiences with Telus. I will more than likely be switching. And by the way, I also think there is Shaw representatives on this forum because Shaw has local representations and most people are on Shaw for the same reason I have been "Its easier to stay with a current provider, not necessarily smarter".

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”