Nikon Df

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Nikon Df

Post by Dizzy1 »

Thinktank wrote:I wonder why anyone would pay that much for a camera?

Because its none of your business.

I still haven't decided if I'm going Canon or Nikon, but if I'm going Nikon then I can see one of these in my hands. I wonder if Canon is going to take a shot at the retro design?

Regardless, Nikon did a beautiful job on this camera with some fantastic specs to boot :)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

If you do, I will be slightly envious. :-P
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

kgcayenne wrote:If you do, I will be slightly envious. :-P

Just slightly? LOL ;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I'll still have my $3,000.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

kgcayenne wrote:I'll still have my $3,000.

Touché ;)
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Dizzy1, did you get one?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Not yet - still haven't decided between Canon or Nikon - waiting until the end of the year ;)
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Don't think you can go too far wrong with either. I would take the cost of lenses into consideration.
If you plan on getting a collection of those it would be a factor,
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

Dizzy1 wrote:Not yet - still haven't decided between Canon or Nikon - waiting until the end of the year ;)

If you want a good FX system then the D750 is now out.
The kit lens will be a 24 - 120.
London Drugs has the body now for about $2300 and when they have the kits later they will retail for about $3200.

I have a D90 & D3200 with a variety of lens that I am looking to sell off to finance part of my change to the D750.
As others have said on here - if I had known, I would have gone FX to begin with.

I do not really know Canon, but from all that I have heard they stand up as well as Nikon.

For decent/ great reviews I look at the Camera Store on UTube - and as mentioned before Froknowsphotos on utube.
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Dizzy1 wrote:Not yet - still haven't decided between Canon or Nikon - waiting until the end of the year ;)

If you are going with a crop sensor, remember that Nikon's sensor is larger than Canon's, so the focal length math is a heck-of-a lot easier on a Nikon. Go FX though, and then it won't matter which brand, they're both excellent.

NotNorthAnymore wrote:I have a D90 & D3200 with a variety of lens that I am looking to sell off to finance part of my change to the D750.As others have said on here - if I had known, I would have gone FX to begin with.I do not really know Canon, but from all that I have heard they stand up as well as Nikon.

I am also wishing I'd had the funds to buy an FX camera. This is why the smaller sensor bugs me: nope, that's not really 24mm, that's actually 36 mm, to get an 18mm wide angle, I need a 12mm (that's not a cheap lens), and so it goes. When we update the camera, it's going to have to be the Df because 4 out of our 6 lenses are FX Pre-Ai.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

In 1980 I owned a Nikon FE w/ 1.4 lens (expensive) and I also
had a Soligor 35 - 140 zoom lense. I thought photography would be a cool hobby. ( $1,000?)

Now, I own a $50.00 Olympus older digital camera which I bought
at Zellers when they were liquidating. (never even included a memory card)

And now I'm happier. If someone steals my camera I won't care.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

One more thing: Canon SLRs are louder than Nikons. There is no 'being subtle' with a Canon. (at least the ones I've heard)
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Ok, new perspective on sensor size. I've been schooled: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHYidejT3KY
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

kgcayenne wrote:Ok, new perspective on sensor size. I've been schooled: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHYidejT3KY

I am suitably schooled also - great video and excellent take on the discussion...

Thanks kgcayeene for pointing it out - possibly saved me over 3k...

NNA
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”