UFO in Kelowna!

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: UFO in Kelowna!

Post by Dizzy1 »

zzontar wrote: I didn't have my phone with me.

Sounds like the same thing others keep posting in a particular sub forum when they claim something nefariously odd happens.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Dizzy1 wrote:Already had an expert explain it to you, despite what you believe you saw. This is actually the very reason why eye witness accounts are not very credible in NTSB investigations ... people's minds believe what they saw was more dramatic then it really was.

Give me an eyewitnesses picture then, that's all I'm asking for... a picture of a jet flying by Gellatly beach at a lower altitude than even the TOP of the surrounding mountains... hell, I'll even accept one going towards the airport as I've never seen that either. Actually, every time I've landed at the airport it's been more over Woods lake and nowhere near the Okanagan, but that's coming from the west. Anyway, a picture tells a thousand words... saying an expert says so means nothing compared to pictures of this oh-so-common event. I'll be waiting.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
HeavyHauler
Fledgling

Post by HeavyHauler »

zzontar wrote:Give me an eyewitnesses picture then, that's all I'm asking for... a picture of a jet flying by Gellatly beach at a lower altitude than even the TOP of the surrounding mountains... hell, I'll even accept one going towards the airport as I've never seen that either. Actually, every time I've landed at the airport it's been more over Woods lake and nowhere near the Okanagan, but that's coming from the west. Anyway, a picture tells a thousand words... saying an expert says so means nothing compared to pictures of this oh-so-common event. I'll be waiting.

:P :P :P :P
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Lol, I stand corrected, the snowbirds do it! ... but I was thinking passenger jets... which I'm sure you know.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
HeavyHauler
Fledgling

Post by HeavyHauler »

zzontar wrote:Lol, I stand corrected, the snowbirds do it! ... but I was thinking passenger jets... which I'm sure you know.

haha I was just playin around :P
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

I'm not asking for any proof of some UFO sightings ... I'm simply pointing out the blatantly obvious that while there were documented reports of said sightings, even an article in the newspaper, but there is no, none, nada on some military convergence around OK Lake after this interstellar display. Doesn't that strike you simply as odd? Logically, one would think that if such military activity happened right after a UFO sighting reported by a newspaper, surely such an out of the ordinary military exercise would have been reported on.
the military does not report on such things, but do explain how every astronaut has said they saw things they not allowed to talk about ?
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Feel free to remove photo if required, i see now you were looking for an image over gellatly or towards the airport. I think the image above is in bc...just not certain where.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

BelieveNothing wrote:Image

from abbotsford i think

http://www.ufobc.ca/Sightings/sights2010_v2.htm
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

:) i think i knew that
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

there is another website that says the photo was taken in the same year, but in california.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Found that photo on a BC sighting's website.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I've seen images like that and it was the reflection from the sun bouncing off a plane. Pretty eerie until the object is identified.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

zzontar wrote:Give me an eyewitnesses picture then, that's all I'm asking for... a picture of a jet flying by Gellatly beach at a lower altitude than even the TOP of the surrounding mountains... hell, I'll even accept one going towards the airport as I've never seen that either. Actually, every time I've landed at the airport it's been more over Woods lake and nowhere near the Okanagan, but that's coming from the west. Anyway, a picture tells a thousand words... saying an expert says so means nothing compared to pictures of this oh-so-common event. I'll be waiting.

And you'll be waiting a long time, I've played these games in the other sub-forums and I'm not going to play them outside of the asylum. No one has to prove anything to you, its your choice what you choose to believe. You're kind have been disproven countless times then you just disappear for a while and come back pages later and start all over. Fortunatly, there are enough people reading these boards with enough common sense and logic to understand what people are trying to explain to you, and that's all that matters. It was exhausting enough listening to you argue with someone telling you that CF18s are a common site at YLW but you insisted he must have meant the E3.

lakevixen wrote:the military does not report on such things,

Didn't say they did, I merely pointed out the obvious flaw in the "theory" that if there was an article about the actual UFO sighting in the newspaper, why wasn't there a follow up or mention about supposed military activity in the same area? Surely someone in the media would have noticed this, no? Unless of course, certain "eyewitnesses" aren't as reliable as they're trying to make themselves out to be and the E3 was doing exactly what it was planning on doing which was performing circuits, the helicopter was doing whatever it was supposed to be doing and the trawler was well, trawling as it does everyday.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
HeavyHauler
Fledgling

Post by HeavyHauler »

Dizzy, give it a rest. The newspaper reported the E3, Castanet reported the E3, and all mentioned the Sighting in the same article. Goodbye.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”