Tesla to sell $35,000 model by 2017

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Tesla to sell $35,000 model by 2017

Post by maryjane48 »

musk said they would only be free for couple years . what gas company sells gas for free ? [icon_lol2.gif] none .

you wont have a choice . gas is on way out . fact of life . the tech is coming for cars to charge while driving so the need to stop and charge will be reduced . :smt045
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

maryjane48 wrote:musk said they would only be free for couple years . what gas company sells gas for free ? [icon_lol2.gif] none .

you wont have a choice . gas is on way out . fact of life . the tech is coming for cars to charge while driving so the need to stop and charge will be reduced . :smt045

The sensible consumer will wait until then - wait until the vehicle can perform to their needs - distance, charge time, etc. They'll wait until it suits their financial criteria. Until then, and it's still a long way off until EVs make a significant dent in the market share - people will continue to buy what suits them best, and for the mass majority, that's still the good ol' internal combustion engine.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

ask your self how many peolle percentage wise drive more than 100 miles day ? my guess is less than 30 percent
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

“smart” road tiles, which contain solar cells, LED lights, a heating element, and wireless communication. Earlier this year, they completed a public installation of 30 panels in Sandpoint, complete with the ability to display an image of Earth. In the coming months, they will install small arrays in Colorado and Maryland. Yet they see much bigger potential for the panels

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017 ... 98611087=1
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

maryjane48 wrote:ask your self how many peolle percentage wise drive more than 100 miles day ? my guess is less than 30 percent

Ask yourself how many pick up drivers use their pick ups for their daily ride with out hauling their toys everyday. My guess would be more than 30%.

Every manufacturer has at least one EV or Hybrid in their lineup now - yet they're not flying off the lots yet - there is a reason for that. Consumers simply aren't ready to put a crap load of money into something that simply isn't real world practical yet.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

If EV's start eating too much of the market I expect gas prices to drop significantly to make them more attractive. Its not gonna be an easy switch for buyers - oil companies will make sure of it.

We also haven't yet seen a large number of EV's require new battery packs. Once a few Tesla owners have to shell out a few thousand, or more, that may hit the public's perception of EVs as a cheaper alternative.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lol dizzy um yea im sure the percentage of guys with toys that need a pickup to move them is 100 percent . but whatts the percentage of canadians that drive , drive over 100 miles a day ?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

maryjane48 wrote:lol dizzy um yea im sure the percentage of guys with toys that need a pickup to move them is 100 percent . but whatts the percentage of canadians that drive , drive over 100 miles a day ?

Your argument is so irrelevant it's ridiculous.

According to your *cough cough* logic, we'd be seeing highways filled with EVs - yet you can count more Lambo's or Ferrari's in one day then you can EVs. Why is that MJ? Please do tell. Why aren't the masses flocking this EVs - or even hybrids for that matter?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

maryjane48 wrote:ask your self how many peolle percentage wise drive more than 100 miles day ? my guess is less than 30 percent

So number of times between May to early October I enjoy going on long road trips (visiting Family, Relatives & Friends). I don't need or want 2 vehicles, why should I have to so I will stay with my 1 vehicle.
It gets between 5 to 6 litres per 100 Km highway & only takes minutes to fill up.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

No word yet on pre-orders or cost. Something tells me it won't be too popular. Seeing there is a lack of specs, I think this will appear on the market just like the grabat battery. Only a portion of the surface area would get direct sunlight and I don't believe it would be enough to 'keep it going' is my gut instinct.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Queen K wrote:http://www.greenmatters.com/living/2017/08/31/ZHQvPu/solar-rv

Solar run RV! Getting closer!

Nothing new.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

But it's a proto-type not even being mass produced yet. So new.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Queen K wrote:But it's a proto-type not even being mass produced yet. So new.

The concept isn't new - it's been around and used before. This won't be sold in masses either, its still a niche market

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”