TV Q - Telus vs Shaw

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
normaM
The Pilgrim

TV Q - Telus vs Shaw

Post by normaM »

lower mission area, want to keep telus high speed and phone, they are killin us re Optik TV
Anyone else same area with Shaw and your opinion pls? Since we keep getting " we want you back" figure I can save a few bucks
thanks
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: TV Q - Telus vs Shaw

Post by Dizzy1 »

You'll get hosed either way unless you can get the other guys to give you a real deal for a good length of time and not just for the first few months.

We ended up scrapping our cable, just got the basics now and are saving almost a brown note a month. Thought I'd miss channels like NatGeo, Discovery, Food, etc. but I don't.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Cable-less here for... oh, is that one or two years, or... I dunno. It's been a good long while since we've had it, and we don't miss it.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Just checked the basic cable and internet bundles on both and Telus is $10 cheaper right now ... adding the theme packs is where they get you and they get you hard. Also, dropping your landline will save you a good $30 a month, of course, providing you have a cell phone.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

you're likely better off to have all 3 services from one provider, that way you can probably get some sort of bundle deal.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I am in the process of switching from Bell TV to Telus and t is the cheapest of the 3 as far as I can figure.
The first year we save big time and after that about $30 per month.
Shaw appeared to be way more than both the others.

You can check it out here http://www.shaw.ca/television/plans/
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

Bsuds wrote:I am in the process of switching from Bell TV to Telus and t is the cheapest of the 3 as far as I can figure.
The first year we save big time and after that about $30 per month.
Shaw appeared to be way more than both the others.

You can check it out here http://www.shaw.ca/television/plans/

The are the same prices, after promotions, for the same channels.

You people really need to do your research and stop treating promotions as pricing. Finding the after promo pricing on Telus.com is extremely difficult... for good reason.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Loed wrote: Finding the after promo pricing on Telus.com is extremely difficult... for good reason.

The after promo price (which is 12 months compared to Shaw's 6) is shown directly below the promo price when you are signing up for the service. Not hard to find at all and you do not have to finish the process at that time if you choose not to.

Apparently your the one who needs to do the research because I have. So far most of your comments have been either wrong or misleading.
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

Bsuds wrote:The after promo price (which is 12 months compared to Shaw's 6) is shown directly below the promo price when you are signing up for the service. Not hard to find at all and you do not have to finish the process at that time if you choose not to.

Apparently your the one who needs to do the research because I have. So far most of your comments have been either wrong or misleading.

I know where to find them, I was simply stating that they are put behind more layers than shaws.

Promo length has nothing to do with this argument, we're not talking about promo's and anyone who makes a choice based purely on cost is going to lose sooner or later. Promo's are a waste of time/effort. Unless you plan on promo hopping every 6-12 months, and well... Good luck. ;)

My comments have been correct and leading you to do your research further. You can't prove me wrong by just avoiding my questions... ;) Show me the package/deal you/they signed up with instead. It's not confidential.

I'm glad you/they went with Telus, it's nearing Q4 end and more subscribers means more investors means stocks go up. Win win for me ;)

It's been fun talking circularly with you!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Loed it's interesting that you claim to have Telus stock but seem to be so negative towards them.

I still think you work for Shaw.
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

See, I find it funny that you think I've been negative towards them.

All I've been trying to do is to show you that both companies are the same outside of promotions.

I find it actually quite hilarious that you're so stubborn against one company that it colors your perception of someone just trying to show you something else. I've said time and again I didn't care who you were with.

Also, in all honestly, if I worked for Shaw, what have I said here that would be a positive thing towards them at all? Seems pretty counter-intuitive. You really need to slow down and stop letting hate color your views of those around you bud.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Loed wrote:I'm glad you/they went with Telus, it's nearing Q4 end and more subscribers means more investors means stocks go up. Win win for me ;)

And then you say

Loed wrote: I've said time and again I didn't care who you were with.

So which is it?

I don't hate Shaw I just think they are the more expensive and I had problems with them in the past so I decided to go with Telus. They were also already my phone and internet provider so to add TV with them just made more sense. The bonus was they are cheaper, have a longer promotion period which makes for more savings. Whether it's $5, $10, or $10,000 doesn't matter they are still cheaper.

So for anyone out there looking for a provider or making a switch, check online and choose the one that you feel is the best choice for you.
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

Bsuds wrote:So which is it?

*removed* Both statements are the same.

One is stating I have stock in Telus' market, the other is stating I really don't care who you go with. Both are true. I just want to make sure people are looking at the whole picture, not the tiny little promotion part.
Last edited by ferri on Aug 10th, 2014, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Y'all watch too much TV.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

removed. If you have an issue with a mod contact them via pm.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Aug 10th, 2014, 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: derailing.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”