Google issues

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Google issues

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

hey all, i was trying to find that video of virginia boudreau being interviewed in the mobile home park her and justin bourque both lived in prior to his arrest. the video was about 10 minutes long, she clearly explains that the rcmp fired the first shots.

anyway, when i search google, news, and add the time frame of june 4, 2014 thru june 9, 2014 it returns no results, but is shows results for years from the first century ad, specifically oct 5, 11 ad thru march 6, 12 ad.

i have tried this search on a number of computers, and thru 3 different service providers, all the same results.

do you get the same result?
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
atenbacon
Übergod

Re: google issues

Post by atenbacon »

You couldn't find the constitution for the BC Liberal party with Google and now you are trying to find this?

Google may be too difficult for you?

Found this in 14 seconds, video is linked on the right hand side.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/suspected- ... -1.1855767
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

atenbacon, i found the interview. the point of this thread is applying a timeframe parameter to the search that returned results, no results, from over 2000 years ago.

you talk like you found the bc liberals constitution, something i know is not true.

you seem to have trouble with the language, and reality. both too difficult for you it seems.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I don't think its Google that has the issues. I found the link just as fast but refuse to help push a conspiracy agenda.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

bsuds, so you applied the timeframer parameters and applicable results were returned? the search field is not the issue, the timeframe is.
T.Tsarnaev
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

*removed*
Last edited by Merry on Jul 17th, 2014, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

*removed*
Last edited by Merry on Jul 17th, 2014, 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inappropriate and unhelpful
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote: the search field is not the issue, the timeframe is.

More likely the way the searcher forms the search is.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

for this search, i chose the time frame of june 2014, but as you can see the returned non result is for an extremely different time period.

it would be nice to know if others are getting similar faulty results.

search.jpg
T.Tsarnaev
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I would say the date range you have selected is screwy. Clear the dates!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Maybe it's time for you to try Bing or Yahoo or Duck Duck Go
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

see that's the thing, whatever dates i choose, the results are roughly 2000 years prior, and so of course, no results.

often i search with only the time frame as the criteria, nothing in the search field. i never use any other search engine. altavista, my old favourite doesn't even exist anymore, and deepdyve costs money so it is not a practical option.

i have tried the other engines and they have come up vastly inferior to google in my opinion.

i am very curious if others are having the same problem i am having.
T.Tsarnaev
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:for this search, i chose the time frame of june 2014, but as you can see the returned non result is for an extremely different time period.

it would be nice to know if others are getting similar faulty results.

search.jpg

Results are not faulty, just the user input is faulty. You have to use MM/DD/YYYY format in custom date range, example from 06/01/2014 to 07/02/2014, or shorten it up 6/1/2014 to 7/2/2014
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Google issues

i chose from the calender interface, back once to june, click the 1st, then click the 30th. as you can see the days,months and years are all incorrect.

is no one willing to take a minute to try a search to see if you get the similar results?
T.Tsarnaev
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Google issues

Post by Logitack »

you are correct, when using the calendar to set the start and end date it doesnt work... a google search flaw.

when you enter the date manually, 6/1/2014, it will work properly.

thank gawd it has been solved! ;)

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”