New Ipads

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

New Ipads

Post by Symbonite »

Did you buy a ipad just in the last 2 weeks....tsk tsk...you shouldnt have...new ones come out on Oct 16..

http://twit.tv/2014/10/14/apple-event-c ... 1016-930am

On the invite to the showing....there is a pen/brush/finger pressing on a surface and both are using the multi color apple with the slogan..."it's been too long" I wonder what that means....

the return of the colored Imacs....or maybe the Macintocsh classics....

Maybe they finally finishing their apple TV thing...
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: New Ipads

Post by Dizzy1 »

Symbonite wrote:Did you buy a ipad just in the last 2 weeks....tsk tsk...you shouldnt have...new ones come out on Oct 16..

You sound like my mom, "Why should I buy one now, I'll just wait for the next one" ... she still doesn't have a computer or phone or camera. ;)

I'm looking at getting a table in the spring, seeing that I've happily left Windows for a MacBook, and just traded my Motorola for my first iPhone, a iPad seems the most logical choice for me. But seeing that I bought an iPhone 5s full knowing that the iPhone 6 was just a couple of weeks away, I'll still be more than happy buying a current generation iPad Mini Retina next year. Just because some people like Apple products and use them on a daily basis doesn't mean they're all lining up to buy the latest and greatest.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Interesting that both the iPad and iPhone are 2 of the top 10 best selling products in the world ...

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/photos/the ... slideshow/

... Apple's fanbase can only buy so much so that must mean that everyone else who buys them are just regular Joe's.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

Hey Dizzy if you are thinking of an iPad in the near future (and you may already have concluded this) I anticipated and mainly do use my iPad Air for entertainment/browsing... I wonder if they will eventually head towards the direction of the Surface Pro in the near future?
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Dizzy1 wrote: I'll still be more than happy buying a current generation iPad Mini Retina next year.

So you won't be waiting for the MaxiPad?
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

hozzle wrote:Hey Dizzy if you are thinking of an iPad in the near future (and you may already have concluded this) I anticipated and mainly do use my iPad Air for entertainment/browsing... I wonder if they will eventually head towards the direction of the Surface Pro in the near future?

That's hard to say to be honest - in one way Apple doesn't like to change their platforms that much but one the other hand they do have to evolve as seen with the iPhone 6 Plus. I like the idea if the Surface Pro as well as convertible laptops - definitely some good ideas there but for me I just want a simple tablet that's easy to travel with. Having said that, one could buy aftermarket accessories for the iPad if you wanted to go that direction.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:
So you won't be waiting for the MaxiPad?

LOL - good one. I like my pads discreet though ;)
zensiert
Board Meister

Post by zensiert »

What I really like about the Surface Pro 3 is the 3:2 aspect ratio. It's not a 4:3, but it's a lot better than widescreen. I really hate those widescreen monitors, especially when one doesn't watch movies on them (why else would I have a nice TV?). I would really like to have the Surface Pro 3 replace my laptop, but at over two grand for a fully plumped out Surface, it's a purchase that I won't be able to justify for a long time to come.
I am insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”