Smart TV, just a heads up

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Smart TV, just a heads up

Post by GordonH »

Just a heads up if you own a smart TV, looking to upgrade and planing selling (or give away) your current smart TV.

Make sure you remove your Netflix account off it before selling it. Family member gave her son their smart TV, once he hooked it up and turn it on and was about setup his own account Netflix. To his surprise it started up, but with none of his movie selection it was his parents choices.

So the TV memory works well, even unplugged & trip across major city.

It was Samsung TV so found this to remove the account from the TV: http://reverb.madstatic.com/blog/2012/0 ... smart-hub/

Added later: I suspect changing your password would or should stop the other TV from being able to receive free Netflix.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Smart TV, just a heads up

Post by Dizzy1 »

I took my Smart TV back ... it didn't make the shows on TV any smarter.

Lame I know LOL!
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Good to know GordonH.

We like our smarttv but it wasn't exactly as advertised. We found the lag time on the BBC network so annoying we never use it.
Most of the apps were junk for us anyways.

It is good for youtube vids, putting out photos on it, and Netflix. Besides the one channel we get, as long as I don't have to pay for cable, I'm happy with it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

I just go to netflix, go to "your account", scroll down the page to "settings" and select "sign out of all devices"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote:Maybe they are not so "Smart"

http://www.howtogeek.com/176392/smart-t ... -smart-tv/

I'm like QK I only use it from Netflix & Youtube video's, got enough crap & wires around don't needed anymore.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

Your TV has memory in it. It's no different than any computer. Would you sell your computer without erasing the hard drive with all your personal info on it? Come on people....this isn't the 90's anymore.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I don't think they are going to learn much of interest listening to the DW and I in front of the TV! lol

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-31360870
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

luckily I have not enabled voice recognition in my LN60h7150 samsung "smart" TV Image

but it wasnt because of the privacy issue and snooping by samsung, it was because I couldnt be bothered to enable it and go through the learning process to enable voice commands ...Image
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I just don't want the DW to be able to change the channel.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

We got a knock on the door the other night from the Campbell's people because the Mrs.' and I were talking about Lipton in front of our TV.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

That's nothing, Ford is really mad at our talking up the Subaru.

But really, conversations being collected and sent to a third party? I mean, NOPE.

Now I'm sorry we sold my dads perfect condition old fashioned tv, great colour, nice screen, no dodads. Those will be in demand some day!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Queen K wrote:
Now I'm sorry we sold my dads perfect condition old fashioned tv, great colour, nice screen, no dodads. Those will be in demand some day!

I can think of a few posters that will be snapping up those in the fear of 1984 ;)
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Is it going to be like Google? Mention Kraft dinner and commercials for KD start showing up on the ads?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Dizzy1 wrote:I can think of a few posters that will be snapping up those in the fear of 1984 ;)

I read that if you cover the back of your smart TV with aluminum foil it becomes a dumb TV...

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”