Not getting onto internet

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Not getting onto internet

Post by Symbonite »

Im just wondering if people are not getting onto the network or internet in the last few days....I havnt had any problems myself...

I mean if you still have a problem then i guess you cant reply but let me know if you did and then got back on.

Thanks
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Not getting onto internet

Post by Captain Awesome »

I haven't been able to connect to Internet for a couple of days now. Still can't.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

My internet has been down for years now.
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

I was having issues with my Shaw internet. Tech came by and fixed it today. Turns out they have increased the signal power going into homes for the newer digital cable boxes. We have an older cable box and the increased signal power was shutting down our modem/router.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

TreeGuy wrote:I was having issues with my Shaw internet. Tech came by and fixed it today. Turns out they have increased the signal power going into homes for the newer digital cable boxes. We have an older cable box and the increased signal power was shutting down our modem/router.

I'm fairly certain Shaw utilizes QAM over coax meaning signal "power" really wouldn't have any effect, but even that statement is misleading. This sort of modulation and the hardware the companies use relies on balancing signal levels and in my experience fixing my own crappy house wiring, that is almost always the problem.

To make this make sense, you could theoretically be 15 metres away from an amp on the Shaw lines outside your home, but get the exact same quality signal as your friend 500 meters down the street.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”