Wireless mice

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
ValB58
Banned

Re: Wireless mice

Post by ValB58 »

At least one can plug in and still continue to use the mouse while it is charging. With the "caddle", you have to wait for it to charge before using it again. That could be very problematic when in the middle of a heated debate on Castanet forums. What are you going to do......excuse yourself due to low mouse battery power?
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

^^ I've been using the MX Revolution with cradle charger for approximately 7 years and I have never had an issue with the battery dying on me during a Castanet forum session nor any other time.

I guess I'm just good at observing the green lights which indicate charge level, and then placing the mouse in the cradle over night when needed.

By contrast I have a newer mouse and simply inserting the charge cable is a PIA since the port seems to be on some weird angle, and is extremely tight to boot. I'll take the cradle over this any day.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I've tried a few wireless mice, never cared for them. I found the response to be poor.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

GordonH wrote:I found the response to be poor.

It's just like reading these forums, then!

;)
Your bias suits you.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

GordonH wrote:I've tried a few wireless mice, never cared for them. I found the response to be poor.

I've found that with the cheaper throw away battery types, but not with the more expensive mice that come with recharging provisions.

I've never seen my Logitech MX Revolutions lag nor the G7 Gaming mouse I had before that.

I have on the other hand noted it on every friends computer, where they opted to save a few bucks and go with the lesser product despite my recommendation.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

GordonH wrote:I've tried a few wireless mice, never cared for them. I found the response to be poor.

LoneWolf_53 wrote:I've found that with the cheaper throw away battery types, but not with the more expensive mice that come with recharging provisions.

I've never seen my Logitech MX Revolutions lag nor the G7 Gaming mouse I had before that.

I have on the other hand noted it on every friends computer, where they opted to save a few bucks and go with the lesser product despite my recommendation.

Same here, LW.
Your bias suits you.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”