Cell phone contracts June early cancellation

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Cell phone contracts June early cancellation

Post by Tacklewasher »

Has anyone seen any news about being able to cancel your cell phone contract in June if you signed a 3 year deal before June 2013?

All I can find is a note on the CRTC site that this is being challenged in court.

Just curious if anyone has heard any updates?

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t13.htm

"The Wireless Code explains your rights and responsibilities as a consumer of wireless services

It establishes new standards that all wireless service providers must follow. The Wireless Code applies to all new contracts signed as of December 2, 2013. It also applies to existing contracts that are renewed or extended, or where the key terms are amended, as of December 2, 2013. In addition, the code will apply to all wireless contracts as of June 3, 2015, regardless of when they were signed. However, the June 3, 2015 date is currently under appeal."
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Re: Cell phone contracts June early cancellation

Post by Symbonite »

they get you coming and going anyways. get out of your 3 year to a most likely worse contract and higher $ phone. Was in Wenatchee a few weeks back and there was a Wireless carrier...a smaller one kinda like kudo and you get unlimited nationwide with 2 gb data and unlimited text and voice messages for 40 bucks...at 10 bucks is you want unlimited to canada and 15 for unlimited mexico and if you call overseas the add another 20..not too bad!
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

problem in canada is lack of competition and the average canadian not demanding more competition .

2GB Rolling Data
2GB Rolling Data each month
Unused data rolls to the next month, up to 2GB
Unlimited nationwide Talk, Text and Pics on the LTE+ Network
No data overage charges with Overage Protection

http://www.cspire.com/shop_and_learn/plans/

we don't have these type of companies here , but the funniest thing is the big guys in states saying , we wont offer roll over data lmao they will when they start losing money
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

Not sure if anyone cares, but the ruling came down against the cell companies yesterday.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... e24501657/

So if you have a phone with months remaining on a 3 year contract, as of June 3rd you can get out of it without paying the remaining hardware fee.

I see on the website, my fee has been waived "exclusive to you".
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

lakevixen wrote:problem in canada is lack of competition and the average canadian not demanding more competition .

2GB Rolling Data
2GB Rolling Data each month
Unused data rolls to the next month, up to 2GB
Unlimited nationwide Talk, Text and Pics on the LTE+ Network
No data overage charges with Overage Protection

http://www.cspire.com/shop_and_learn/plans/

we don't have these type of companies here , but the funniest thing is the big guys in states saying , we wont offer roll over data lmao they will when they start losing money

When I was home for Christmas I was helping my dad pick out a new phone and possibly a new cell plan and/or provider.

I've got a good plan, and in trying to shop around in Kelowna NO other phone provider was able to even come close to matching my plan if I were to switch over (5gb of data, unlimited calling to anywhere in Canada and the US and unlimited Canada/US texting, plus all of your typical call waiting, call display, etc. for $70.00/month). The best off I got was "I can give you like $100 of your device, depending on which phone you want" but the plans started at $105/month.

I go with my dad...

For Virgins top-tier plan, the one where you get your phone for the lowest dollar cost...$50.00/month and you got 6gb of data, unlimited Canada calling, unlimited Canada/US/International text, etc.

Even the local provider was offering $65.00 plans with 5gb and unlimited Canada everything + 100 roaming US texts.

When I mentioned these plans to some of the providers here they all said "you must be talking about Thunder Bay".

Bingo.

I'd consider dropping my BC number for the savings.
jccamp95

Post by jccamp95 »

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”