Internet Service Provider With Unlimited Data?

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Kelowna123_

Internet Service Provider With Unlimited Data?

Post by Kelowna123_ »

Looking for a new ISP in Kelowna that doesn't have any sort of data limit.

Currently looking at "Comwave" and "iSpeed" as well as "TekSavvy"

If anyone has any input on which one is better that'd be great!
Woodenhead
Guru

Re: Internet Service Provider With Unlimited Data?

Post by Woodenhead »

I've been with TekSavvy for a number of years now and I have absolutely no complaints at all. I've only had to call support twice in that time, and they've been great - they were even Canadians with a Canadian accent and everything. (haha) For the most part, the only negatives I've heard are related to the incumbents mucking things up. (TS don't own the lines, they "rent" them from incumbents [like Telus or Bell], so it's up to the incumbent to handle certain things, and many people feel they sometimes intentionally drag their feet / break the rules. I have had no such issues, personally.)

http://www.dslreports.com/comments/2564
Your bias suits you.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

Woodenhead wrote:I've been with TekSavvy for a number of years now and I have absolutely no complaints at all. I've only had to call support twice in that time, and they've been great - they were even Canadians with a Canadian accent and everything. (haha) For the most part, the only negatives I've heard are related to the incumbents mucking things up. (TS don't own the lines, they "rent" them from incumbents [like Telus or Bell], so it's up to the incumbent to handle certain things, and many people feel they sometimes intentionally drag their feet / break the rules. I have had no such issues, personally.)

http://www.dslreports.com/comments/2564

I always wished cable companies didn't own/operate their own plant.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Remember the days of independent Dial Up ISPs like Silk.net and others. that was competition. now its a psudo monopoly...shaw or telus...and anyone else using internet piggy backs off those 2 like the cell phone companies.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Symbonite wrote:Remember the days of independent Dial Up ISPs like Silk.net and others. that was competition. now its a psudo monopoly...shaw or telus...and anyone else using internet piggy backs off those 2 like the cell phone companies.

With dial-up one was still using phone lines & only one with those in this Province is/was Telus (in the past BC Tel).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Symbonite wrote:Remember the days of independent Dial Up ISPs like Silk.net and others. that was competition. now its a psudo monopoly...shaw or telus...and anyone else using internet piggy backs off those 2 like the cell phone companies.

I'm pretty sure you can still get dial-up Internet at low prices from a variety of companies if you don't like monopolies.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
rekabis
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by rekabis »

Hint: TekSavvy does have a “limited” 5/25 ADSL plan for $44, and an “unlimited” plan for $54, but guess what -- out here in BC they have no ability to record how much bandwidth you are using. So go for the limited plan, and you’re OK.

Source: I distribute open-source software via BitTorrent. Some months my usage goes well into the Terabyte range. Haven’t received a phone call or been billed a single dollar over yet.
I am a simple man. My complexity evolves from multitudes.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”