How to Boost Your Click Rates

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

How to Boost Your Click Rates

Post by Glacier »

I have been conducting a bit of an online experiment lately to see which way generates the most clicks. Allow me to do the same here.

Click here if you want to see naked pictures. If you don't, click here: https://questioningthedata.wordpress.co ... ue-desert/

Now on the other sites where my experiment was being conducted, I was a little more scientific in that both clicking methods asked the same question and in different threads.

Which link did you click on? Even if you didn't want to see naked pictures, you probably clicked on the first link because it was embedded. You know something, the reason Ray Novak never clicked on the email to see who was paying Duffy was because the link wasn't embedded in the text. It wasn't because he was lying. People just don't click on the web address itself. Now, John Baird and the late Jim Flaherty, well he evidently received the embedded version.

But enough on politics. This is about science. Do you think that you are more likely to click on the embedded link if all else is equal?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Re: How to Boost Your Click Rates

Post by TreeGuy »

I am more likely to click on the web link. I don't like the embedded links because I can't see what they are linked to. Especially in an email, it could be spam or a virus. With web links I can see the website and have an idea where it is taking me.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

You mean like this? ... htp://www.kinky-hate-sex.com
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Okay Glacier. Back away from your keyboard, slowly.

Here I thought this thread was about "click bait", a term I've read about in regards to more an more sensationalized news articles and non-news articles alike.

"You Won't believe what happened next"!

"Wait til you see what the Dog did!"

"See Glacier get the wooden spoon again for publishing kinky hate sex links!"
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Glacier wrote:This is about science. Do you think that you are more likely to click on the embedded link if all else is equal?

I can tell you exactly what the data intelligence folks tell me at work:

1 - Embedded links convert far better than URLs.
2 - "Click Here" is the worst text you can use. You should have simply said "Free Naked Pictures"

If you really want to do A/B or multivariate testing - then use Optimizely like all the big boys do. You won't need to ask anecdotal questions - you'll have raw data on which to inform your decisions.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

this thread is explained , he says novak innocent . thats all you need to know .

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”