Surveillance Cameras

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
driveangry
Übergod

Surveillance Cameras

Post by driveangry »

Looking for info on surveillance cameras to use in remote areas, trespassers dumping garbage is getting out of hand lately. Any one have any experience to share, what's good, what to stay away from, etc. Thanks.
driveangry
Übergod

Re: Surveillance Cameras

Post by driveangry »

Anyone have experience with Game or Trail cameras, good ones, ease of use, ????
rekabis
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by rekabis »

My brother tried to use a trail camera to do just this. Got stolen. So he tried again. It also got stolen.

Three cameras later, and he’s given up.

Unless you can hide it to near-invisibility or put it where absolutely no-one can reach it, you might be SOL. Some people will go through more time and effort to prevent being discovered than to just do the right thing in the first place. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I am a simple man. My complexity evolves from multitudes.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

driveangry wrote:Anyone have experience with Game or Trail cameras, good ones, ease of use, ????

Buy yourself any "Black LED" game camera and you'll be happy.
You can get ones that with an app, will send the photos to your phone when they are available.
You will have to spend about $300 for a good one, and then have to find a nice hiding place for it.

My advice, go online and read reviews before choosing one that you think is good.
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

Get some 940nm LED illuminators and place near the dumpster (to provide lighting invisible to the human eye, but visible to the cameras)Get a camera(min. 2MP) with powerful optical zoom. I've used 30X optical zoom cameras placed 600 ft away. Zoom in from 600ft away, at night they will never know they are being recorded.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”