Bell Mobility

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Jlabute
Guru

Bell Mobility

Post by Jlabute »

I went to Bell yesterday. It was the release date for the new Z5 Xperia Sony phone. I thought it was time for a new phone and I have just recently switched to Bell in the last month. I said, "I'd like the new Z5 please". They said, you have to be with us a minimum of 3 months before you can upgrade (even though I own my own phone and I am on a month to month plan). I asked, well, can I buy the phone then? Their answer was also NO... they said we don't actually sell phones until a week or two after their release. Seems to me they would rather have people sign-up on contracts first, rather than just plain serve customers.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Re: Bell Mobility

Post by skydawg »

Jlabute wrote:I went to Bell yesterday. It was the release date for the new Z5 Xperia Sony phone. I thought it was time for a new phone and I have just recently switched to Bell in the last month. I said, "I'd like the new Z5 please". They said, you have to be with us a minimum of 3 months before you can upgrade (even though I own my own phone and I am on a month to month plan). I asked, well, can I buy the phone then? Their answer was also NO... they said we don't actually sell phones until a week or two after their release. Seems to me they would rather have people sign-up on contracts first, rather than just plain serve customers.

Are you really surprised with this provider?
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

LoL. I don't think anything surprises me anymore.
Seeing this attitude from them, I should probably hold off on getting anything from them. This is probably not even worth posting, but I got miffed. lol
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Just buy it elsewhere, unlock it, and bring it in.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Unfortunately customer service is a thing of the past with both cellphone providers & internet providers.

They fully expect you to move on to someone else
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

GordonH wrote:Unfortunately customer service is a thing of the past with both cellphone providers & internet providers.

They fully expect you to move on to someone else

hahahaha, yeah I was wondering about that... that also gets them out of the obligation to have a 'loyalty' program. Maybe they hope their loyal customers will quit and eventually come back so they lose their 'loyalty' savings.
$649 at Bell, locked. $860 at xpansys.ca but you get a better color selection and unlocked.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”