The Earth is Flat

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
the_anonymous

The Earth is Flat

Post by the_anonymous »

Because the Universe didn't spend billions of years perfecting flat objects.

The one thing about gravity is that it's pretty consistent with what it does, like creating spheres in space. When you find another example of a solid disk in space, let me know!

If the earth was flat, wouldn't gravity be inconsistent on the disk-like object? These guys aren't trying very hard to find reasons WHY it isn't flat.

Also, if the Earth is flat, that would mean more conspiracy. Because the international space station's whole purpose is to pull the eyes over humanity on the Earth really not being spherical. But flat. Billions of dollars for an elaborate lie?
There's some things I'm conservative about. There's some things I'm liberal about.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: The Earth is Flat

Post by LTD »

someone should tell them not to drink the bong water
the_anonymous

Post by the_anonymous »

Also if the Earth was flat, then the mere existence of the moon would be an anomaly that humanity could never explain.
There's some things I'm conservative about. There's some things I'm liberal about.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

You just can't fix Stupid!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

They want to find out how many people have heard of this NEW theory ???? :200:

Proof that some people will do anything for their 15 minutes of fame.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I have to assume the op is simply making the point that you can make a conspiracy theory out anthing, even something that has been scientifically proven beyond the shadow of a doubt. Such as the evolution or the age of the planet that still is up for debate among some major religions.

However if they're being serious, I'd suggest they refrain from posting after ingesting magic mushrooms. :200:
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

I guess it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

where do nutballs like these two come from. Instead of doing something that totally useless why not do something that will help better other lives that need help or better yet get a Job and grow up :-X
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

thinking flat earth is non reality, but the universe it self is almost completely flat .
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

maryjane48 wrote:thinking flat earth is non reality, but the universe it self is almost completely flat .

LOL LOL :130:
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#161613

Just saw this on castanet, my earlier assumption may be right. Dr. Jaymie Matthews, an astronomy professor at UBC pretty much sums it up. This looks more like a sociology experiment to see just how susceptible people are to suspension of critical thinking and conspiracy theories.
Last edited by Poindexter on Mar 26th, 2016, 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Can you say "Attention *bleep*".
"Hey look at me....aren't I just precious with my ludicrous beliefs...hey hey look at meeeeee!". :1422:
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
GTG

Post by GTG »

Ya know, bong water does lay flat. If your whole world revolves around bong water it makes complete sense.....
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

The WMAP spacecraft can measure the basic parameters of the Big Bang theory including the geometry of the universe. If the universe were flat, the brightest microwave background fluctuations (or "spots") would be about one degree across. If the universe were open, the spots would be less than one degree across. If the universe were closed, the brightest spots would be greater than one degree across.

Recent measurements (c. 2001) by a number of ground-based and balloon-based experiments, including MAT/TOCO, Boomerang, Maxima, and DASI, have shown that the brightest spots are about 1 degree across. Thus the universe was known to be flat to within about 15% accuracy prior to the WMAP results. WMAP has confirmed this result with very high accuracy and precision. We now know (as of 2013) that the universe is flat with only a 0.4% margin of error. This suggests that the Universe is infinite in extent; however, since the Universe has a finite age, we can only observe a finite volume of the Universe. All we can truly conclude is that the Universe is much larger than the volume we can directly observe.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

i asked this in the conspiracy area. If there is so many "no doubt earth is flat" then were is proof. there has to be some proof out there that will do it..cause i have a lot of questions on this...on how people think its flat vs round. I have already asked one person about the questions that i had..and yet no answers, either than youtube this and google that.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”