How do I remove voice narration on some tv shows?

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

How do I remove voice narration on some tv shows?

Post by Straight Shooter »

I've noticed that in the last week or so that there are a few TV shows that have in my view a very annoying voice narrative describing what is actually happening. Is there a way to eliminate this or are we just stuck with it. I noticed it on Canadian Pickers one nght and seen it on other shows since then and I would rather watch the show without it.
pepsilover
Übergod

Re: How do I remove voice narration on some tv shows?

Post by pepsilover »

Straight Shooter wrote:I've noticed that in the last week or so that there are a few TV shows that have in my view a very annoying voice narrative describing what is actually happening. Is there a way to eliminate this or are we just stuck with it. I noticed it on Canadian Pickers one nght and seen it on other shows since then and I would rather watch the show without it.

Those are special channels for people who are blind. They are AMI channels (described video). You shouldn't have that happening on regular channels. If it says AMI you have 'described video' on that channel. IOW it isn't specific to a program but specific to a channel. You cannot remove it.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
godfatherI

Post by godfatherI »

Sounds like the descriptive video feature available on some channels. If you are on Shaw (we have an HD box) - there should be a small diamond-shaped green button on your remote. If you press that, it should turn off the feature. Have set it accidentally and it is a pain to listen to if you don't have a need for it (visually impaired)! Hope this fixes your problem.
Last edited by godfatherI on Jun 26th, 2016, 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

If you have Bell or Telus satellite go to the menu button, press the alternate audio button, then disable.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

I had it happen on a Telus? System recently. Right after a power outage.
It took just going into the menu and preforming a reset.

Before the reset I tried Unbiased's recomdation, which didn't change a thing.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Post by Straight Shooter »

godfatherI wrote:Sounds like the descriptive video feature available on some channels. If you are on Shaw (we have an HD box) - there should be a small diamond-shaped green button on your remote. If you press that, it should turn off the feature. Have set it accidentally and it is a pain to listen to if you don't have a need for it (visually impaired)! Hope this fixes your problem.

Thank you godfather, you solved my problem.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”