Electronic technician in Penticton?

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
bronvar

Electronic technician in Penticton?

Post by bronvar »

Looking for an electronic tech in the penticton area
Anyone know one ?
Thanks
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: Electronic technician in Penticton?

Post by TylerM4 »

bronvar wrote:Looking for an electronic tech in the penticton area
Anyone know one ?
Thanks

I'm a X-tech in the Kelowna area. I can't help you, but I'm curious as to what services you need. Generally - the days of repairing electronics are pretty much gone if you're looking for someone to repair your TV or something. Nowadays unless it's some very expensive specialty equipment you're better off to throw away and buy new unless it's a common/known problem with a documented fix.
bronvar

Post by bronvar »

Hi I appreciate and understand your message
I have a multi channel amp that is not firing on all cylinders, it's a good piece of kit
I was hoping to get a diagnosis, so I can decide if I should order replacement boards or change out some parts etc which I can do
So just need a guy w a scope
Thanks
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Try Muntz Stereo in that sort of industrial strip mall right behind Burger King. I know they
used to be big into the musical equipment scene, if they can't help you they can certainly point you in the right direction.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

There is Teltronics in Kelowna as well. Is it a tube based amp? Do you have schematics? If someone has a scope yet has no clue what is in this amp, might even do more damage. Hard to diagnose without knowing what are expected signals and levels. Best to leave it to people who do this all the time and have access to product info. Not firing on all cylinders sounds like your car is broken.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”