Toshiba laptop extenal battery charger

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
harrinsa

Toshiba laptop extenal battery charger

Post by harrinsa »

Is there someone that has a Toshiba laptop extenal battery charger??? Please PM *removed*
Thanks
Last edited by ferri on Aug 19th, 2016, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: email addresses not allowed on forum.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Toshiba laptop extenal battery charger

Post by Bsuds »

What are you looking for? The power supply that plugs into the computer?
If so you should be able to pick a universal style one at a Computer store. (They are not cheap though)

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/ins ... c6e267en02
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
harrinsa

Post by harrinsa »

No I am looking for external charger that you can hook onto a laptop battery its is so dead that the pc shuts down even with the power supply plugged in !!!
Last edited by harrinsa on Aug 19th, 2016, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

harrinsa wrote:No I am looking for external charger that you can hook onto a laptop battery its is so dead that the pc shuts down !1

May have order from Amazon or Newegg etc.... etc
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
harrinsa

Post by harrinsa »

Almost cheaper to buy a new pc ?? priced one for about 65.00 ?? Thats why I was hoping to find someone that could help me out
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

harrinsa wrote:Almost cheaper to buy a new pc ?? priced one for about 65.00 ?? Thats why I was hoping to find someone that could help me out

Could take your chances with Kijiji
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

harrinsa wrote:No I am looking for external charger that you can hook onto a laptop battery its is so dead that the pc shuts down even with the power supply plugged in !!!

Your laptop should work just fine with the battery removed and the power supply plugged in. If it doesn't then it's the power supply that's defective and the item I linked for you will fix the problem. Either that or the connection where it plugs into the computer. If that is part of the MB then the computer is toast.

Does the power light come on when you plug it in? If it does then try removing the battery and boot up. If it still won't then you have bigger problems. Depending on the age (if it's more than 3-4 years old) you might be better advised to look at a new one.
harrinsa

Post by harrinsa »

it does run with the battery remove and plugged in ,but when iI put the battery in and turn it on it will not, the battery is to dead and then pc shuts down, due to battery not showing as being charging icon on task bar shows no batery I am tring to find somebody that may have an external charger .?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ if the battery is hooped charger won't help.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

harrinsa wrote:it does run with the battery remove and plugged in ,but when iI put the battery in and turn it on it will not, the battery is to dead and then pc shuts down, due to battery not showing as being charging icon on task bar shows no batery I am tring to find somebody that may have an external charger .?

You go waste your money on that! I'm pretty sure your battery is toast and won't charge no matter what you do.
If you don't believe us then take it to a repair shop and see what they say.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

harrinsa wrote:it does run with the battery remove and plugged in ,but when iI put the battery in and turn it on it will not, the battery is to dead and then pc shuts down, due to battery not showing as being charging icon on task bar shows no batery I am tring to find somebody that may have an external charger .?

What should happen is you wait 15min with it plugged in and then when the battery is charged enough, it'll let you boot the laptop. The battery is supposed to charge with the laptop powered off. If that's not happening, you have a hardware failure somewhere. Either with the battery or the battery charge controller circuitry in the laptop.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

TylerM4 wrote:What should happen is you wait 15min with it plugged in and then when the battery is charged enough, it'll let you boot the laptop. The battery is supposed to charge with the laptop powered off. If that's not happening, you have a hardware failure somewhere. Either with the battery or the battery charge controller circuitry in the laptop.

I agree with giving it some time to charge up before turning on but any laptop I've had or seen will charge while turned on and being used. Good point though if it's dead it may not start till charged up for awhile.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”