'Apple' scam

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

'Apple' scam

Post by Rosemary1 »

This one recently resurfaced . you get an email with subject your Apple invoice. Email claims to be from Apple security and that they want to verify you are in fact purchaser of the item with a link . Don't open link and delete email
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: 'Apple' scam

Post by GordonH »

Read the following to be aware.
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201679

Reporting Suspected Phishing Attempts 

If you receive what you believe to be a phishing email purporting to be from Apple, please send it to [email protected], a monitored email inbox, which does not generate individual email replies.

Forwarding the message with complete header information provides Apple with important information. To do this in OS X Mail, select the message and choose Forward As Attachment from the Message menu. For other email applications or webmail based services, consult your provider’s support information to determine how to forward messages with complete headers.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: 'Apple' scam

Post by TylerM4 »

This is a very common scam. Not just with Apple.

The "invoice scam" has been big the last couple of years. Lots of fake bills, fake contracts, etc. It's generally very successful.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”