Apple and Adobe to Have More Software Vulnerabilities than M

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
bigcookie

Apple and Adobe to Have More Software Vulnerabilities than M

Post by bigcookie »

Apple and Adobe to Have More Software Vulnerabilities than Microsoft in 2017

Security company Trend Micro expects the number of vulnerabilities in Adobe and Apple products to increase in 2017 and overtake Microsoft’s, as this year already brought a substantial boost for the two companies.

Trend Micro says the Zero-Day Initiative, also known as ZDI, reported a total of 135 vulnerabilities in Adobe products and 76 in Microsoft’s, which once again shows that Adobe still has a lot of work to do in order to make its products more secure. A worrying trend was also reported in the case of Apple, whose number of vulnerabilities doubled from 25 to 50 as of November.

“We predict that more software flaws will be discovered in Adobe and Apple products in addition to Microsoft’s,” Trend Micro said in its security forecast.

“Apart from the fact that Microsoft’s PC shipments have been declining in recent years as more users opt for smartphones and professional-level tablets instead, the vendor’s security mitigations and improvements will also make it more difficult for attackers to find more vulnerabilities in its OS.”

More details here: http://news.softpedia.com/news/apple-an ... 1129.shtml
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: Apple and Adobe to Have More Software Vulnerabilities th

Post by TylerM4 »

Oh man. Don't get me started on the grief Adobe has caused me. Flash in particular is just absolutely horrible. New critical vulnerabilities are still being found at a rate of 1 or 2 a month.

Apple made the right move by removing flash from safari browser. The writing is on the wall with Google Chrome - v55 now prompts the user before loading any flash content. The transition to HTML5 has been way too slow for me.

When a windows PC gets infected with Malware, everyone likes to point their fingers at Microsoft. But as this article clearly shows - Microsoft isn't at fault for the majority of them.
forum
Guru

Re: Apple and Adobe to Have More Software Vulnerabilities th

Post by forum »

I've been deploying more and more Chromebooks in the education sector and businesses.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”