Amazon: flying warehouses + delivery drones = patented

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Woodenhead
Guru

Amazon: flying warehouses + delivery drones = patented

Post by Woodenhead »

Amazon wins patent for a flying warehouse that will deploy drones to deliver parcels in minutes

haha I'm loving it - can't wait for all this stuff to come to fruition. Especially if they'll do alcohol deliveries! On a more serious note, something like this would be hugely beneficial for other (perhaps non-obvious) things, such as disaster relief.

Amazon has been awarded a patent for a giant flying warehouse that acts as a launchpad for drones to deliver items within minutes.

The U.S. e-commerce giant described plans for an "airborne fulfillment center" (AFC) such as an airship or blimp that would float at an altitude of around 45,000. The airship will be stocked with lots of products.

When a customer places an order, a drone or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) will fly down and deliver the package. Amazon insists that this would require little power because the drone would be gliding down rather than having to take off and land.
[...]
Amazon successfully trialed its first delivery by drone in the U.K. earlier this month and is pushing ahead with plans to make this widely available. The U.S. firm files and is awarded many patents but it does not necessarily mean the ideas will become reality.
Your bias suits you.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Amazon: flying warehouses + delivery drones = patented

Post by Queen K »

I believe it's patented so that when the Military Industrial Complex figures out how it works for them, they'll have to buy it out at an exhorbiant price.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bumped
I wonder how long after the start will there be drone chasers, which will result in an increase in thieves
https://www.castanet.net/news/World/258 ... -in-months
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

GordonH wrote:Bumped
I wonder how long after the start will there be drone chasers, which will result in an increase in thieves
https://www.castanet.net/news/World/258 ... -in-months

We'll have Pirates again ...ARRGGGHHH
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”