Telus pvr nonsense

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Jflem1983
Guru

Telus pvr nonsense

Post by Jflem1983 »

Just learned I can not fast forward commercials on my pvr. I'm outraged lol
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: Telus pvr nonsense

Post by TylerM4 »

And these companies sit there and wonder why internet services are killing their business.

If you weren't so damn greedy people wouldn't be so motivated to find another way.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We have a Telus PVR and have no problems doing that.

We did have an issue of it being really slow after coming back from a holiday. Unplugged it for a few min's and restarted and that fixed it. Maybe try that.

Also if you are watching Crave or on demand it sometimes will not let you FF.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Honestly I can't believe it . It seems to be when u rewind a show to watch it from the start with the pvr . Seems to be a Recent addition to the feature set . However it won't let u fast forward the adverts . Android box is still better . Amazing these companies make billions and provide such a weak service . Kids in China are eating their lunch off the backs of failed canadian Telcom policy
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

These Android boxes that everyone is buying have been around for 15 years.

Just be careful where you buy them. Many of the boxes are sending your information to remote servers.
Everything you do on the box is being logged.

Whether you care or not is another thing!
And whether they end up doing anything with your information is another thing.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Jflem1983 wrote:Just learned I can not fast forward commercials on my pvr. I'm outraged lol

If you record a show, and then watch it later, you sure can fast forward through the commercials.
If you can't, then you have an issue with the remote or the pvr, call Telus.
You weren't expecting to be able to fast forward in real time were you?
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

And those Android boxes are simply using pirated sources, so of course they have no ads.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

If you're watching reruns of episodes of shows the day after they aired, you can't FF thru the commercials but the commercial length is minimized, but if you record a show and watch later, you can and if you pause a live show and then restart, you can FF up until you get back to the live broadcast.

Cuz otherwise, that would be like traveling to the future.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Are you sure your not refering to "TV on demand" where you can't fast forward or skip through commercials?
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

That's what I was talking about. probably could have made that a bit more clear.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Wow u guys really think I'm that smart . Nice to know at least two people think I am handicapped . Nothing to do with on demand . This is what I'd call delayed live . As in u sit down at 840 but your game started at 7 . So u rewind to the start of the ball game . When u do this . It will not let u fast forward . This is a brand new feature . 2 months ago I could not have watched the game from the start that way . It is nothing more than a way to keep the advertisers happy

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Jflem1983 wrote: It is nothing more than a way to keep the advertisers happy

Exactly. but without it you would not be able to watch the show from the start. A small irritation to put up with for that feature I guess. Personally I would rather not watch the commercials either as most of them are really stupid.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

I just turned on the news this morning and tried fast forwarding through the ad.....wouldn't work!
I thought I could FF to the business section, get the news, put in some trades online, and score bigly. :biggrin:
You and 71 others Like this post
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Jflem1983 wrote:Wow u guys really think I'm that smart . Nice to know at least two people think I am handicapped . Nothing to do with on demand . This is what I'd call delayed live . As in u sit down at 840 but your game started at 7 . So u rewind to the start of the ball game . When u do this . It will not let u fast forward . This is a brand new feature . 2 months ago I could not have watched the game from the start that way . It is nothing more than a way to keep the advertisers happy

I do that all the time. I have Shaw with a bunch of "Portals" (the boxes that run each location you have a TV). Depending on what has been electronically stored, if you turn on a TV, there might be an hour, or two in the buffer and you can back up and watch the program (yes great for sports). With Shaw you can fast forward.

BUT... and nobody can answer this. Sometimes, all of a sudden there will be a blip or the screen will freeze and when it come back ALL the buffer is gone, you are now at live so that hour and a half you were trying to catch up on, is G O N E.

So with Shaw, the fast forward is essential, because the faster you can get up to live time, the less likely on of these "blips" will wipe out the buffer.

Shaw is really concerned about this,,,,, NOT !

Never heard about this lack of ability to fast forward through the buffer with Telus equipment (Yes, I believe you).
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

I've heard TelusTV sucks... this just confirms it.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”