NEW Ipad Pro. Turn up the suck Review

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
samsquench07
Übergod

NEW Ipad Pro. Turn up the suck Review

Post by samsquench07 »

Hi everybody. Just wanted to get others opinions on the new Ipad Pro. It claims it is more powerful than most laptops, the new way of computing etc etc... But it Sucks. So far, it is an oversized Ipad, nothing more

Ive used apple iphones for years, my wife has always used Macs (so i am somewhat familiar on them, using them myself)

This Ipad Pro really feels like they rushed it out to compete with the MicroSoft Surface (which i own).

The biggest problems ive found so far with the Ipad Pro, is that some of the main programs are not the same as on a Mac, and are very limited. Keynote, Imovie for example. The layouts are not the same, and the functions are very very limited for users

Then the other kicker is, Apple doesnt make a case compatible for the Smart Keyboard they sell. I called the APple store, visited the Apple Store in Vancouver

So my experience, is this Ipad Pro is exactly like an Ipad with some new features. That is it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: NEW Ipad Pro. Turn up the suck Review

Post by Bsuds »

But you got caught in the hype and bought one. They get us every time and we are usually disappointed with the results.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

I have a surface pro and tend to avoid Apple computers. Intel has two new chip generations due this year... coffeelake (14nm, 30% faster), and cannonlake (10nm). Hard to keep up with the current state of performance. The iPad Pro though is not Intel, but ARM core so very very different. Many big name apps are not available for ARM.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
gad710
Banned

Post by gad710 »

Apple has always been a stifling product,it appeals to the users that want to be told what to use. For most part the simple minded.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

gad710 wrote:Apple has always been a stifling product,it appeals to the users that want to be told what to use. For most part the simple minded.

Rubbish - Apple products appeal to those who need functionality. Not everyone wants the sit around and customizing everything in the hopes that the customizations will be compatible with their software and then sit there maintaining everything instead of actually doing something productive. Some of us simply want to turn something on and work.

As far as the iPad Pro goes - it's an iPad, nothing more, nothing less.

The Mrs. wants one - I don't see why myself, I'm happy with my Mini - perfect for traveling. My MacBook Pro is minimumly bigger than the iPad Pro so I personally don't see any advantage to the iPad Pro. But that's just me.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

Your right Bsuds. Did get caught in the hype of the next big computer gimmic

And yes. Stick to a mac if you want an Apple computer

If you want a handy portable iPad. Don't even buy the iPad Pro then. Way to big to try and type. Easier on a normal iPad if you just need a recreation device.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

It's easy to get caught up in the hype. Bigger, better, faster..
Usually disappointed with the results.

Having said that I really want a 4K TV and just have to convince the "Boss".
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

First of all you said Ipad and computer together...lol...

I would predict that Apple will soon get rid of their Mac OS because there is less profit in their macbooks than thier IOS devices. and like Microsoft that figured out that to have the same OS through out all their devices they will pick the IOS as their main OS on all their devices and concentrate in just one instead of 2 OS...slimline and make it more efficient in the backend.e

I would predict within the next 5 years. But as Microsoft is innovating....Apple has remained stagnant for at least the last 3 years. I guess when yo

I guess when you bank everything on the iPhone you do tend to forget the other market.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

Agreed. That is a big big flaw. Especially when you start calling this Ipad a computer

Keynote, Imovie, (probably garage band as well)...its confusing when you get used to one program, then all of a sudden it has barely any of the features, and the whole layout is different. Apple was Not thinking there

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”