Apple iPhone X

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Apple iPhone X

Post by Symbonite »

Yawn....

Basically a over priced Note 8. It does look like they pushing more of the Apple watch now than the phone.

It seems that they are now the ones trying to catch up to Samsung and even LG.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Apple iPhone X

Post by Glacier »

iphone.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

lol, love the meme
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I keep thinking "Brand X"
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

My old dumbphone/flip phone is alive & well cost me $99. :laugh:
if previous sales are any indication there are hell of a lot of idiots with money burning a hole in their clothing.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

GordonH wrote:My old dumbphone/flip phone is alive & well cost me $99. :laugh:
if previous sales are any indication there are hell of a lot of idiots with money burning a hole in their clothing.

that delinquency rate with visa is gonna go up
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

My smart phone cost me $60.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Just catching up now.

iPhone 8 and 8+ = nothing really new except small performance upgrades and ability to do wireless charging.

iPhone X = same as iPhone 8 except the screen covers the whole face of the phone and there's no home bottom (on the face at least) as a result. Facial recognition to used to unlock.

Am I missing anything?
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

TylerM4 wrote:Am I missing anything?

Nope. Other than the fact that whenever a new one comes out the old ones get real cheap. Sign a 2 year contract and an iPhone 7 will likely come free.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

What happened to 9?

Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

So because someone buys something they want, that makes them an "idiot"? It's their money, their life - no "idiots" there.

Congratulations that your "old dumbphone/flip phone" works for you. It wouldn't work for me or many, many others out there. Do I need an upgrade? No. Will I upgrade? Maybe. I'll wait until it hits the stores and take a look at it and decide for myself. If that makes me, or anyone else an "idiot", well, more power to you :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I have to buy my phones outright because I have a plan that's 50$per month cheaper than what they'll offer if I sign a contract for new phone. Found Costco has the best deals for this however if someone wants to rid themselves of their horribly ancient iPhone 7 to get the newest I may be willing to help you out.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ fair enough Dizzy1, shareholders truly love customers that upgrade their perfectly good working devices every September (in Apple's case).

I have both a desktop & laptop, so I don't need one in my pocket.

Off topic comment:
Other day I was waiting for light to change, observed a person waking on the sidewalk while doing something on their phone. Walk right into street light post (did not appear be hurt), but did look around to see if anyone seen it. Once I knew the person was not hurt, I did have one hell of good laugh. It's truly sad how much we have aloud a device run our lives.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

GordonH wrote:Other day I was waiting for light to change, observed a person waking on the sidewalk while doing something on their phone. Walk right into street light post (did not appear be hurt), but did look around to see if anyone seen it. Once I knew the person was not hurt, I did have one hell of good laugh. It's truly sad how much we have aloud a device run our lives.

I remember the days when people did that with a newspaper glued to their face.

I went out for breakfast this morning, was by myself so while I was waiting for my food, I had my phone out and reading some headlines from The LA Times. There was an older couple sitting across from me - both of them had their faces buried in newspapers - not a word was said between them. Eventually, their food came, they put their papers down and looked over and made a silly comment about t me being "addicted" to my phone. I laughed, once they started eating, papers came back up and again, not a word was said between them.

To be honest, I don't know what's funnnier - those addicted to their devices or those addicted to pointing out people on their devices. We've always been distracted in one way or another, the only thing that's changed is the media format.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Gordon, at home I don't have (or need) a desktop or a laptop, so what's wrong with buying a smartphone? What makes your choice morally superior to mine?

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”