Page 5 of 6

Re: Apple iPhone X

PostPosted: Sep 22nd, 2017, 10:41 pm
by Jlabute
Sure, you can pull the ‘specs’ card with a 12MP iphone camera, vs a Samsung 12MP camera and could think they may be equivalent until you research which imaging chip is used and how it is used. The iPhone 8-plus takes much better pictures than any phone in existence... and the iPhone X camera will be even better. The Samsung camera in the words of Jim Carrey ; ‘a worthless steaming pile of cow dung, figuratively speaking.’



https://www.dpreview.com/news/6922582097/the-iphone-8-plus-is-the-best-smartphone-camera-dxomark-has-ever-tested

Re: Apple iPhone X

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2017, 4:58 am
by Bsuds
Jlabute wrote:Sure, you can pull the ‘specs’ card with a 12MP iphone camera, vs a Samsung 12MP camera and could think they may be equivalent until you research which imaging chip is used and how it is used. The iPhone 8-plus takes much better pictures than any phone in existence... and the iPhone X camera will be even better. The Samsung camera in the words of Jim Carrey ; ‘a worthless steaming pile of cow dung, figuratively speaking.’


And the vast majority of picture takers don't know the difference between a pixel and a peck.

Re: Apple iPhone X

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2017, 10:22 am
by Gixxer
Good zinger. But the iphone takes better pics. If I wanted to take better pics I would buy a camera.

Re: Apple iPhone X

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2017, 11:09 am
by Bsuds
Gixxer wrote:Good zinger. But the iphone takes better pics. If I wanted to take better pics I would buy a camera.


Exactly. My phone is great for getting a quick picture but when I am travelling it doesn't come with me, I take 2 cameras.
A point and shoot and a Canon with 50X zoom. Both together and my phone cost less than an iPhone.

Re: Apple iPhone X

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2017, 10:12 pm
by Jlabute
So a mobile phone with a cheap crappy camera is a feature. Samsung should advertise it as such: Note 8, now with a cheap crappy camera in order to save you money, now only $1299.00

Re: Apple iPhone X

PostPosted: Sep 25th, 2017, 11:04 am
by Symbonite
Apple people sure get into a bunch...

and then when you ask them why apple is better...


Re: Apple iPhone X

PostPosted: Sep 25th, 2017, 1:30 pm
by Gixxer
Jlabute wrote:So a mobile phone with a cheap crappy camera is a feature. Samsung should advertise it as such: Note 8, now with a cheap crappy camera in order to save you money, now only $1299.00


So youre buying a Note 8 specifically for its camera? The specs look pretty darn good for a camera phone.

Re: Apple iPhone X

PostPosted: Sep 28th, 2017, 10:00 pm
by StraitTalk
It's a phone, and a camera, and a computer and about a million other things... what more do you want? As far as the specs are concerned it's actually a powerful phone. I'll stick to my android though.

Symbonite wrote:It seems that they are now the ones trying to catch up to Samsung and even LG.


Only in market share..

Re: Apple iPhone X

PostPosted: Nov 1st, 2017, 9:53 pm
by Dizzy1
So having the IOS 11 update, I have to say I'm not very pleased with it. Lots and lots of bugs in it that have yet to be resolved. Very unfortunate, but I'm sure it'll get resolved at some point in time.

Re: Apple iPhone X

PostPosted: Nov 1st, 2017, 10:03 pm
by GordonH
I noticed a couple of ads in classifieds with very high price tags for the X.
So I check Apple Canada could not find any of these prices for that phone.

Re: Apple iPhone X

PostPosted: Nov 2nd, 2017, 8:32 am
by Old Techie
Dizzy1 wrote:So having the IOS 11 update, I have to say I'm not very pleased with it. Lots and lots of bugs in it that have yet to be resolved. Very unfortunate, but I'm sure it'll get resolved at some point in time.


Should be all fine by iPhone XI. :biggrin:

Re: Apple iPhone X

PostPosted: Nov 3rd, 2017, 1:26 am
by Dizzy1
Old Techie wrote:
Should be all fine by iPhone XI. :biggrin:

That may be - but its still (for me) a more pleasant and satisfying user experience than the competition :biggrin:

Re: Apple iPhone X

PostPosted: Nov 10th, 2017, 3:25 pm
by Bsuds
So how is the $1300cdn phone with the typing error and green lines as well as freezing in the cold working out for y'all?

Seems like that Apple has a couple of worms in it. :200:

Re: Apple iPhone X

PostPosted: Nov 14th, 2017, 12:46 am
by Dizzy1
I played around with the X in the store today. Not having the home button was actually quite nice - the swipe gesture felt quite natural. Definitely a few things to get used to - and as Bsuds pointed out, there probably are a bunch of bugs in it - as the Mrs. said, it'll be wise to hold off for awhile. Who am I to argue? :biggrin:

Re: Apple iPhone X

PostPosted: Nov 30th, 2017, 11:47 am
by Jflem1983
Poindexter wrote:I have to buy my phones outright because I have a plan that's 50$per month cheaper than what they'll offer if I sign a contract for new phone. Found Costco has the best deals for this however if someone wants to rid themselves of their horribly ancient iPhone 7 to get the newest I may be willing to help you out.




Im in same boat. I buy outright. Usually off castanet classifieds. Id rather put out 300 to 500 dollars. One time. Than have my bill go up 30 or 40 a month for ever