$60 cell plan for 10gb of data (Rogers, Bell, Telus, etc)

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

$60 cell plan for 10gb of data (Rogers, Bell, Telus, etc)

Post by Always Sunny »

If any current customers who own their phones (not on contract) want a sweet deal...these major providers plus their smaller brands (like Fido) are all offering a plan for unlimited Canada wide calling and texting and 10gb of data for $60/month. Promos end today or tomorrow depending on the provider.

I switched mine in store in like 15 minutes. Phoning in is hit or miss as it's super busy.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: $60 cell plan for 10gb of data (Rogers, Bell, Telus, etc

Post by oneh2obabe »

<snip> Most providers are offering the deal, which includes unlimited Canada-wide calling, until Monday. <snip>

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4453573
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

They (Virgin) won't let you do it online and the outlet at the Mall wouldn't do it for me on my son's phone. Unfortunately he has to call or go in.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I got it on Fido a few days ago. It's $85 with new phone.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

JLives wrote:I got it on Fido a few days ago. It's $85 with new phone.

Rogers also offered $85 with a new phone but mine is fine and paid off so I just did the $60 plan. Saves $300/year or $600 over the two year contract, in which case I would apply that savings to buying a phone...I personally wasn't in the market today, but it was an excellent deal.

Has anyone had a positive experience being on contract and having their provider offer a better price to get the 10gb or are you all stuck?
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Always Sunny wrote:
JLives wrote:I got it on Fido a few days ago. It's $85 with new phone.

Rogers also offered $85 with a new phone but mine is fine and paid off so I just did the $60 plan. Saves $300/year or $600 over the two year contract, in which case I would apply that savings to buying a phone...I personally wasn't in the market today, but it was an excellent deal.

Has anyone had a positive experience being on contract and having their provider offer a better price to get the 10gb or are you all stuck?

I'm going to give loyalty a call tonight. I'll get it.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Triple 6 wrote:
Always Sunny wrote:Rogers also offered $85 with a new phone but mine is fine and paid off so I just did the $60 plan. Saves $300/year or $600 over the two year contract, in which case I would apply that savings to buying a phone...I personally wasn't in the market today, but it was an excellent deal.

I'm going to give loyalty a call tonight. I'll get it.

So how easy was it to get this plan on contract?
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

easy. I called loyalty. I don't need 10 gig or whatever of data, so I told them I would be happy with five. No extra cost to me. Done! :)
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I will get it to but it might take some time. I went on line last night to talk to them about it and there were 578 people ahead of me.

Still on hold.

Kidding.

But I'll get it.

By gaw.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

mexi cali wrote:I will get it to but it might take some time. I went on line last night to talk to them about it and there were 578 people ahead of me.

Still on hold.

Kidding.

But I'll get it.

By gaw.

I'm number 577 :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Triple 6 wrote:easy. I called loyalty. I don't need 10 gig or whatever of data, so I told them I would be happy with five. No extra cost to me. Done! :)

I’m curious though how people on contract were able to get the $60 plan.

I saw people raging on the Rogers Facebook place screaming “scam” when they’re on contract with brand new devices. Like no, they’re not going to ignore the fact you still owe $800 on your device and just switch you to this promo. It was advertised everywhere as “bring your own device” which means nothing owing on it. I did see quite a few people say they paid out their devices to take advantage, which I would have done myself to lock into this price.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone with a contract get the plan without buying out their phone or getting a different variation of the deal.

I got three of my coworkers signed up for this who otherwise didn’t know what about the promo.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Always Sunny wrote:
I saw people raging on the Rogers Facebook place screaming “scam” when they’re on contract with brand new devices. Like no, they’re not going to ignore the fact you still owe $800 on your device and just switch you to this promo. It was advertised everywhere as “bring your own device” which means nothing owing on it.

Probably the same people who scream "scam" on Air Canada's and Westjet's FB page when the sale seats are all sold out or if they don't offer direct flights from Falkland to Puerto Vallarta.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Dizzy1 wrote:
Always Sunny wrote:
I saw people raging on the Rogers Facebook place screaming “scam” when they’re on contract with brand new devices. Like no, they’re not going to ignore the fact you still owe $800 on your device and just switch you to this promo. It was advertised everywhere as “bring your own device” which means nothing owing on it.

Probably the same people who scream "scam" on Air Canada's and Westjet's FB page when the sale seats are all sold out or if they don't offer direct flights from Falkland to Puerto Vallarta.

Falkland to PV made me LOL at the airport just now.

Also the same people who register for those “2 free tickets anywhere WestJet flies if you send this survey to 10 people” and are baffled it’s not actually run by the airline (but it has your logo! Take it down).
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Always Sunny wrote:Falkland to PV made me LOL at the airport just now.

Also the same people who register for those “2 free tickets anywhere WestJet flies if you send this survey to 10 people” and are baffled it’s not actually run by the airline (but it has your logo! Take it down).

Safe travels :up:
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Always Sunny wrote:I’m curious though how people on contract were able to get the $60 plan.

I saw people raging on the Rogers Facebook place screaming “scam” when they’re on contract with brand new devices. Like no, they’re not going to ignore the fact you still owe $800 on your device and just switch you to this promo. It was advertised everywhere as “bring your own device”

You don't. You sign up for the $85 plan which includes device. That's what I did. I'm glad I have a good network of people. I got in on day 1 at Costco and was switched in a half hour. This new phone super sucks on the autocorrect though. But I'm sure there's an app for that. =)
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”