Using Peugeot to advertise Hyundai?

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Using Peugeot to advertise Hyundai?

Post by Grandan »

Someone really did their homework on this photo in the business section highlighting a Hyundai:
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story--6-.htm

Peugeot Instinct concept car
Peugeot Instinct concept car

The link above the photo takes you here:
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#215352
It belongs to Peugeot
https://www.theverge.com/2017/2/27/1474 ... pt-car-mwc
Waste not
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Using Peugeot to advertise Hyundai?

Post by Jflem1983 »

Both crappy foreign junk cars. Whats the difference. Throw Nissan VW. Audi. BMW Mazda fiat etc all in that heap too. Make cars great again. Get rid of foreign junk
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Jflem1983 wrote:Both crappy foreign junk cars. Whats the difference. Throw Nissan VW. Audi. BMW Mazda fiat etc all in that heap too. Make cars great again. Get rid of foreign junk

While you're at it add in 3 NA auto-makers as well.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

GordonH wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Both crappy foreign junk cars. Whats the difference. Throw Nissan VW. Audi. BMW Mazda fiat etc all in that heap too. Make cars great again. Get rid of foreign junk

While you're at it add in 3 NA auto-makers as well.

I agree. If we are talking cars. All 3 make a good truck though
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Ya, picture does not match the article.
In defence of Peugeot though, They have a pretty stout record on the World stage in many forms
of Motor Sport.

Even if owned mostly by the Government of France (cough, cough, bailout, cough)

Last I heard, and I'm not entirely up on it.
Mostly built in China.

Hyundai, I think they are built by BIC...Hahahahaha !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

It would be great if they brought Peugeot, and most unavailable European manufacturers to Canada. Peugeot have made some truly great cars over the years
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

If Peugeot is such a crappy brand why do they currently own the Pikes Peak hillclimb record?
ps://www.google.ca/search?q=pikes+peak+ ... e&ie=UTF-8
Unlimited 2013 Sébastien Loeb Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak 8:13.878

Peugeot also has won at Petit Lemans beating it's rival Audi
https://www.motorsport.com/alms/news/il ... -titans-2/
They also won 24 hr Lemans in France in 2009
Not bad for a piece foreign junk.

Then there is the World Rally championship:
https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1141 ... wrc-return
During its time in the World Rally Championship, Peugeot took 48 wins, five manufacturers' awards and four drivers' championships. The team left the WRC in 2005.
Waste not
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Hmmm, have to disagree. Lexus makes an amazing vehicle. A friend of mine whom commutes a lot is on his 4th Camry and each on he has put over 400k on without any serious issues other than maintenance. The big 3 have upped their game in th elast 10 years. I do believe VW and Nissan have lagged behind in their quality....just my opinion.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

vegas1500 wrote:

Hmmm, have to disagree. Lexus makes an amazing vehicle. A friend of mine whom commutes a lot is on his 4th Camry and each on he has put over 400k on without any serious issues other than maintenance. The big 3 have upped their game in th elast 10 years. I do believe VW and Nissan have lagged behind in their quality....just my opinion.

Purposely left toyota out. They are built better

Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Grandan wrote:

If Peugeot is such a crappy brand why do they currently own the Pikes Peak hillclimb record?

During its time in the World Rally Championship, Peugeot took 48 wins, five manufacturers' awards and four drivers' championships. The team left the WRC in 2005.

Absolute junk. Just cause with a team of mechanics they can keep one running for an hr. Proves nothing.
Last edited by Jflem1983 on Jan 5th, 2018, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

vegas1500 wrote:

Jflem1983 wrote:Purposely left toyota out. They are built better

Good thing too, I thought I was going to have to Add you to my foe list. :130:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Jflem1983 wrote:Purposely left toyota out. They are built better

OK, then that explains all their recalls over the last few years! :200:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Better than Nissan of VW at least. Not better than dodge or chev . Every company has recalls. Look at tesla

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Jflem1983 wrote:Better than Nissan of VW at least. Not better than dodge or chev . Every company has recalls. Look at tesla

Well it's better than Nissan but not VW according to total recalls on this list.

https://www.auto123.com/en/recalls/

Toyota is about 10th from the bottom in number of recalls in Canada.

I realize numbers here mean very little without knowing what the recalls were for etc but I get tired of people touting how good Toyota is when in reality they are no better than any other manufacturer and have had their share of serious problems.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

Grandan wrote:

Jflem1983 wrote:Absolute junk. Just cause with a team of mechanics they can keep one running for an hr. Proves nothing. How often do u drive yours ?

The last time I looked there were 24 hours in the 24 H leMans

I'm sure you have plenty of recent examples to compare with?

My example is 27 years old and I drive it every year for fun.

I expect you have your reasons for hate on for Peugeot.

They are pioneers in OHC and they had a hemihead long before Chrysler ever did.
The first motorcar in the world to have an engine with two overhead camshafts and four valves per cylinder was the 1912 Peugeot L76 Grand Prix race car designed by Ernest Henry. Its 7.6-litre monobloc straight-4 with modern hemispherical combustion chambers produced 148 bhp (19.5 HP/Liter(0.32 bhp per cubic inch)). In April 1913, on the Brooklands racetrack in England, a specially built L76 called "la Torpille" (torpedo) beat the world speed record of 170 km/h.[2] Robert Peugeot also commissioned the young Ettore Bugatti to develop a GP racing car for the 1912 Grand Prix.

I'm not sure how a "junk" car manufacturer manages to sell 3 million vehicles worldwide.

http://media.groupe-psa.com/en/psa-peug ... tro%C3%ABn
Waste not

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”