Be afraid...be VERY afraid ;)

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
kelownman
Generalissimo Postalot

Be afraid...be VERY afraid ;)

Post by kelownman »

NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Be afraid...be VERY afraid ;)

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

Cool :130:
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

As will get closer to days of terminators minus Arnold. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

So what's your problem, I see nothing to be afraid of.

Now when it looks like this I might be afraid.

robocop-2014-movie-review-ed-209-joel-kinnaman.jpg
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

That’s pretty good. My favourite is still the Atlas robot doing a backflip.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=68F-UUU_Ff4
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Just saw this on Netflix. Called "Black Mirror" its a collection a short movies about Technology and the dark side....they had one called "Metal Head" about robot dogs going out and killing people. Dont know the origin of why they were killing but looks like it has been going for awhile. and the movement of the on in the film is just like the yellow ones....

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2018/0 ... le-fantasy
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

In the movie I, Robot with Will Smith, I like the artificial muscle tissue concept on the newer robots. Just like electric cars, energy density will be an issue unless you can get away from motors and gears and use a form of artificial electroactive material. A robot will have to be able to sense and understand the real world before it can be any sort of danger. We are a few lifetimes away from seeing anything remotely autonomously dangerous, and even then on the cusp of being able to bring such a product to market, I don't believe they will be dangerous since man has 100% control over the entire design and manufacturing process from electronics to software or what-ever it will be.
Materials science is coming a long ways and soon we will have things like crystalline aluminum and various other metal alloys that will be lighter than water, as strong as steel, and will benefit many industries including automotive, etc.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Be more afraid of the current taurid meteor showers. Some say a big one is hiding in there. We could get wacked like we did during the younger dryas that ended the last ice age!
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”