Video editing software

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
gsc
Board Meister

Video editing software

Post by gsc »

I am curious what people are using for decent easy to use video editing software. Currently I am using cyber link power director 13 ultra. It's not to bad I guess but I'm looking to see what other decent programs are out there.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Video editing software

Post by Bsuds »

Apparently not too many doing video editing.

For the very little bit I've done I have used Windows Movie Maker.
Works fine for putting a few vacation video's together to bore our friends.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

I had Sony Vegas back when I had my Window's machine and I thought it was a great program - don't know if it still is or not, its been a few years.

I've never been a fan of Adobe Premier - way too complicated for us technically challenged.

I've tried the Final Cut demo on my Mac and thought it was a great program, easy to use and lots of tools.

But in all honesty, for as much video editing I do, I'm with Bsuds on Window's Movie Maker or iMovie on the Mac.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

GoPro has free software, I'm not sure if you even need to own a GoPro to get it, though. It was easy for me to learn to use.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
visimp

Post by visimp »

Have a look at software from Magix and also from AVS4You. After you try the demo, AVS4You has a great Unlimited deal that I have had for years and I can upgrade to new a version for nothing. You also have access to 'all' their media software for the one price.
okanagansage

Post by okanagansage »

There are some open source ones available too, like openshot and avidemux (for Windows,Mac,Linux). Avidemux is also available at portableapps.com, so you could try it out without installing it on your computer (you could 'install' it too a usb thumb-drive and run it from there).

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”