Do you suffer from "I trusted where did it get me?"

A potpourri of off-topics.
peacelover
Generalissimo Postalot

Do you suffer from "I trusted where did it get me?"

Post by peacelover »

I think I do sometimes by some of my posts. I'm actually a very positive person, but like many others in this world , I have had my trust broken many, many times. It leaves me sounding jaded, and according to some hearthearted. I'm not.

Just want to wish everyone the gift of peace in their hearts.

"I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year". Charles Dickens.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Merry Christmas - don't lose faith or trust - there are some really wonderful people in this world. (love the hearthearted (spelling) - so you're not as jaded as you think)
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
peacelover
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by peacelover »

Thank you. Back at ya girl.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Do you suffer from "I trusted where did it get me?&

Post by Catz »

peacelover wrote:I think I do sometimes by some of my posts. I'm actually a very positive person, but like many others in this world , I have had my trust broken many, many times. It leaves me sounding jaded, and according to some hearthearted. I'm not.

"I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year". Charles Dickens.

I agree with you. I am a very trusting, sometimes nieve person, and then get trompped on. I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, and then I find someout someone pulled the wool over my eyes. Over the years I am trying not to let it bother me as much. Not sure if that makes sense. :130:
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Puffy wrote:
peacelover wrote:I think I do sometimes by some of my posts. I'm actually a very positive person, but like many others in this world , I have had my trust broken many, many times. It leaves me sounding jaded, and according to some hearthearted. I'm not.

I agree with you. I am a very trusting, sometimes nieve person, and then get trompped on. I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, and then I find someout someone pulled the wool over my eyes. Over the years I am trying not to let it bother me as much. Not sure if that makes sense. :130:

I think as we mature, we do become more discerning about the authenticity of others, but even still there are some who will proceed undetected who will go to any length to take advantage of another.
What it comes down to for me is that I'd rather be naive at times and get deceived and hurt by my trust in someone else, than to be the kind of person to do that to another.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Piecemaker wrote:
Puffy wrote:

I think as we mature, we do become more discerning about the authenticity of others, but even still there are some who will proceed undetected who will go to any length to take advantage of another.
What it comes down to for me is that I'd rather be naive at times and get deceived and hurt by my trust in someone else, than to be the kind of person to do that to another.

I would never want to be the bitter angry person either.
What would life be like if you always thought...Is he or she going to screw me next...a paranoial issue hugely.
I also want to try and be happy most of the time. How can you be happy when you think people are always out to get you?
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Exactly Puffy.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Piecemaker wrote:Exactly Puffy.
:smt023
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Puffy wrote:
Piecemaker wrote:Exactly Puffy.
:smt023

Is someone out to get you? ? ? :125:
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
hardnut
Fledgling

Post by hardnut »

To me, every new person I meet is a blank slate. While I truly hope that they will be a person I can trust and respect, it has to be proven. Then again, it also has to be proven that they are not worthy of trust or respect. People rarely take long to let you know on which side they fall.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Patience serves as a protection against wrongs as clothes do against cold. For if you put on more clothes as the cold increases, it will have no power to hurt you. So in like manner you must grow in patience when you meet with great wrongs, and they will then be powerless to vex your mind.
~Leonardo da Vinci

I have extended myself to seemingly thankless people, yet certainly can't say I haven't disappointed people. I want to think that there will be patience on both sides of the coin. Can anyone of us say we've NEVER disappointed people we care about?

It bears asking though, what nature of transgressions are we speaking of? Different circumstances all bear their own weightiness.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Fleshfailures
Board Meister

Post by Fleshfailures »

I'm way too trusting, and usually I'm wrong about who I trust, and then I get really bitter and sad. But then something really great will happen to restore my faith in trust, and that usually makes me feel like it's all worth it. If that made sense.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

that made perfect sense Paige-*! i was a lot like you when i was younger. i trusted everyone and always tried to see the good in every person i met. i still do try to see good, but i am not as quick to trust. it is something you learn along the way. :D one thing about having people break your trust is that you get to be a better judge of people. and i don't mean like deciding if they are going to heaven or hell. :lol: i mean that you learn just how much trust you can put in a person. now i hope i made sense. LOL
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
harvgar
Board Meister

Post by harvgar »

You said it just perfect Piecemaker. One thing that I never want to be is one of those old "pickled face" bitter old women. Mad at the world. Life is hard, and hanging on to bitterness because someone hurt your heart can be a long and tough "row to hoe". It is really good to have threads like this to vent, support each other and share our humaness. Strengths and weakness's. I hope this makes sence.....
:126: Hugs.... :130:
hevvonly
Übergod

Post by hevvonly »

We're never so vulnerable than when we trust someone--but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy.Author: Walter Anderson

I think that most of us have probably been hurt by someone in our past whom we trusted, and that trust was misplaced, but if you go through life never again taking a chance on people, you run the risk of never truly living. I try to think about all the people whom I have trusted and they never let me down, rather than focus on those few who betrayed my trust. A much more sastifying exercise.

Return to “Grab Bag”