Curious about something...

A potpourri of off-topics.
ILLEffect
Board Meister

Curious about something...

Post by ILLEffect »

Last night on my way home from KGH we came behind someone who MUST have been drunk. The were swerving ALL over the road, did a couple 360's (thank goodness we knew to stay far behind - only getting up close once to jot the lisence plate down). We called the police and reported it and I'm wondering what the police do with that information? We gave the last location where we lost the guy but still a fairly specific area. The police woman thanked me but I was left wondering about the drunken driver (wondering if he caused an accident or was busted). Do they actually send police out "after" these guys, or do they just put police in that area on notice to watch out for the car? Just curious, that's all.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The complaint will be followed up. They should attend the residence of the owner of the car.
Last edited by Fancy on Dec 30th, 2007, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
ILLEffect
Board Meister

Post by ILLEffect »

Good to know! Thanks Fancy! I hope they caught the guy. There is NO excuse to drive drunk.
Canada4Life
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Canada4Life »

A friend and I followed a drunk driver from Rutland to the North end one night. I drove while my friend talked to the police dispatcher, describing the vehicle and telling her exactly where it was. It took quite a while, but they caught up to her eventually and we watched them pull her over and have her car towed away.
Dave_1963
Banned

Post by Dave_1963 »

Hi ILLEffect,
Rest assured, your call was taken seriously. I have a police/fire/abulance scanner, and at least 15-20 times a day you hear the dispatcher sending out a notice of a "possible 10-68", police code for a drunk driver. The police usually give a 10-68 a high priority, depending on the time delay.
tawnylee
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by tawnylee »

My dh did the same one night when he spotted an (allegedly) intoxicated driver. The police asked him to follow the vehicle if it was safe to do so, and my hubby did. The police did catch up with the guy, who was definitely waaayyyyyy over the limit. Now, unfortunately, my dh is left going to court to testify. This normally wouldn't be so bad, but they have rescheduled 4 times now, and have done so 5 min before court was starting. But I keep telling him it was worth it. I guess this guy just about hit some kids by Ben Lee....
“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
~Harriet Beecher Stowe
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

we hear that a lot on the scanner too. someone calls in a drunk driver and they keep following them and telling the call taker where they are and what the driver is doing. it really is a big help! :124: to your hubby!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Grab Bag”