Any suggestions for good dog toys?

A potpourri of off-topics.
Smuckers
Board Meister

Any suggestions for good dog toys?

Post by Smuckers »

Our 8.5 month old puppy is a chewing machine. He loves to chew what we call his babbies (stuffed animal for dogs). He can chew and destroy one in minutes. A friend suggested a Wubba Kong, which is two balls attached together and bound together by some heavy canvas. We bought one and it lasted 2 hours. Any suggestions on something really durable. He's getting expensive. LOL.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

try bully sticks, the biggest rawhide bone you can find (Wal-mart, Petcetera) and cow hoofs (Safeway, Petcetera). We're having problems too with a chewer. Watch the cow hoof though as once ours got it done a ways, he chewed a piece off and swallowed it - it came back up. Might have been a bunch of other stuff in his stomach and that was the last straw but that piece was the only thing that did come up - I know ewwww.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Smuckers
Board Meister

Post by Smuckers »

The stuff we find in his poo is crazy. We own a martial arts academy and the dog barfed up a strange combo of dog food and hockey tape also a huge wad of expanded cardboard. I think we keep a pretty good eye on him.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Anything with a rope is gone in seconds. Tennis balls, gone. Shrubs, thinned out. Socks, so far have been able to match up pairs, no singles and that's a good thing :). I haven't tried kongs, they don't look sturdy enough and I've heard they don't last either and on your recommendation we won't bother. So far the rawhide (foot and a half - biggest we can find) bone has lasted the longest and the knots at the end were so big it's taken him a while to chew it done. We actually cut it in half for him. Good luck.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

Buy or adopt a cat!
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Cats.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Once again, Onestop and I are on the same wavelength.

SCARY!
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

gardengirl wrote:Once again, Onestop and I are on the same wavelength.

SCARY!

Get out of my head!!!!!

:smt075
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

I heard that rawhide toys and pigs ears have aluminum traces in them, making them bad for dogs, but that's what I heard. The big rope bones I found were pretty hardy... I had a huge german shepherd who couldn't destroy one.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Rawhide isn't the greatest but like I said, anything with a rope is destroyed in no time - we tried the rope bones and what a mess.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

We got a real bone (pretty big and heavy) that he can chew on but it stays outside - our furniture was starting to take a real beating and it's pretty greasy.
Smuckers
Board Meister

Post by Smuckers »

We have a cat. Mo pretty much makes Oscar his B&^%H on any given day. I put pics of both on the pet pic thread.

Oscar loves bones etc., but he really likes soft stuffed toys with the squeaker in them. I appreciate everyone suggestions, I just think we may be out of luck on this one.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

you could always hit places like Value Village for used stuffed toys. :lol: would be cheaper!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Just saw your pictures Smuckers, cute dog (another couch dog :)) We had some stuffed toys but I'm always worred about the nose and eyes getting swallowed - he gets enough roughage.
Smuckers
Board Meister

Post by Smuckers »

ferri wrote:you could always hit places like Value Village for used stuffed toys. :lol: would be cheaper!

I think that's a great idea. I thought our daughter was spoiled, that is until we got the pets :)

Return to “Grab Bag”