first post

A potpourri of off-topics.
eyepop
Lord of the Board

first post

Post by eyepop »

here was my first post...

eyepop wrote:
smartass_pretty_too wrote: I would FREAK if anyone posted my kids names on a public forum..

yes, i imagine you would. :smt045

what was yours?
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Apparently this was mine:

writerdave wrote:The 'media' is well aware of the benefits of forest fires and, if they weren't prior to August 2003, they learned in a big hurry.

I'm thinking you won't like this fact, but here goes: nobody wants to read a story in a newspaper about a fire that's left to burn, that causes no human-oriented damage and doesn't threaten anything.

Perhaps a hard pill to swallow, but few would be engrossed in a headline such as, "Fire causes no problems" to read the accompanying story.

You may have a point that some adjectives are overused... "An out of control wildfire in the ADFAD region of B.C. has destroyed 3,500 hectares of prime forest..."

Then again, as one poster has already pointed out, because of past policies (let's put out every fire that starts), fuel loads on our forest floor have been allowed to accumulate to the point that, when there is a fire, instead of sweeping through and cleaning things up, the fire ends up 'destroying' nearly everything in its path.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

Looks like this was mine:

After the egg hunt on Easter Sunday, the young farm boy
decided to play a prank. He went to the chicken coop and
replaced every single egg with a brightly colored one.

A few minutes later the rooster walked in, saw all the
colored eggs, then stormed outside and beat up the peacock!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

my first post isn't there anymore. i remember it though, it was the drug problem downtown and i posted in reply to something Black Currant Wine Gums said. lol but here is what shows now as my first post:

ferri wrote:i am really glad you said that, i have a chat friend in California, his computer got infected with a virus and he was so mad! he had norton AND avg. he had a techy come work on his puter and techy told him norton had disabled avg. lol so my friend got rid of norton, kept avg and has no more trouble.
i also use avg. another great freebie is the sygate personl firewall.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

This was mine:

Piecemaker wrote:In a state of sleep-deprived delirium last evening, I joined the forum believing that I would enter this arena with a profound contribution. Alas, I am entering my first post only to delay packing for weekend trip to a non-wedding.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

onestop67 wrote:Unfortunately because you put this in a public forum you are going to get ignorant responses from certain people who don't have a clue what your business is about. All these people can do is ridicule, assume or even make your topic all about them.

What I find the most ironic is that the person who babbles on the most has her own online type business that asks you to join the team with your credit card. And the service offered is done in your house in a group setting. It seems a lot like amway, only its product is scrapbooks. I actually say this based on the fact that I went to the website and researched it. You can go to the site yourself, the link is right there in the persons posts. Shouldn't be hard to figure out who!

I suppose some people don't realize that they will never learn anything when they're the one doing the talking. Uneducated opinions and snippy comments are signs of ignorance. Pay them no attention.

If your business is legitimate, good luck, but to avoid ignorant remarks next time, stick to classified ads.

lmfaooooooooooo

Return to “Grab Bag”