Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Nova Scotia & Coffee Canuck?

Post by binky11 »

Beautiful pics!!! Thanks!!! Ya trying to make me homesick eh? lol
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Yes Binky I am..lol. Tell your family, winters are not as bad out here as they remember. This past winter according to locals and meteorologists was a bad one. Hasn't been this bad they say in 15 yrs. Well we did get quite a bit of snow and storms, but nothing that I expected. Honestly, there were only a few days that I would say were really 'ugly'. I'm not on the Island though. From what I've seen and heard, the Island does get more snow.

~D
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

Post by Struts 'N' Stuff Auto »

Okay CC fill us in..........
Tell us about the storms of late(last 7 days).
The snow, the snow, the snow!
All by your house of course!
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

That snowy pic of my home was taken at the end of December. We actually had no snow for Christmas and then we got a dump a couple days later.

The last 7 days of weather. Hmmm, well day time temps have been bouncing around between 0 and -6ish. The last storm that walloped Ontario, Montreal and New Brunswick had petered out and we only got rain and a tiny bit of freezing rain. All our snow is gone, and has been for about 2 wks I guess. There is currently a storm system that is being tracked. We could get 2-4 cm of snow starting this afternoon, and then another storm may hit us Monday, depending on how it travels.

~D
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

Post by Struts 'N' Stuff Auto »

So, Basically you missed all the really big weather!
Which was a good thing.
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Yes we did. I just heard on the radio that a huge blizzard hit somewhere in Newfoundland, dumping 50cm of snow, high winds and an avalanche. Yep, I'm thankful for not being in Newfoundland. :lol:

Seriously, this has been a long and hard wintre according to locals and meteorologists. This has been my first wintre here, so I have nothing to compare it to, and I'm used to the mild Kelowna wintres. If this was the worst wintre in 15 yrs, I have nothing to worry about. Other than a few really ugly days, everything was fine. But then it's all relative right? I don't mind the snow, as long as it's manageable, city crews are efficient at clearing and I can get around.

~D

Return to “Grab Bag”