Annoying Loud Vehicles!

A potpourri of off-topics.
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

Annoying Loud Vehicles!

Post by Struts 'N' Stuff Auto »

It's bad enough that we have to deal with all kinds of cr@p here in Klowntown, but one thing I can no longer stand is noisy vehicles!
What the heck is the matter with vehicle owners that feel a need to have a noisy vehicle that you can hear from 2 blocks or further away?
And what the heck is the matter with the Laws and Police in this City that are scared to hand out fines for excessive noise?
As well, Kelowna's Noise Bylaws clearly states that no person can disturb or tend to disturb the quiet, peace, rest, enjoyment, comfort, or convenience of the neighbourhood, or any person in the vicinity.
Why are our laws not being enforced ?, and why is it that we have to listen to the annoying noise from noisy vehicles day and night?
They should give vehicle owners one week to have a proper quiet exhaust system installed and inspected, or the vehicle is impounded and sold within 30 days, or sent to the crusher!

BC is the last place to come up with and enforce necessary laws, and the first place to present the most rediculous cr@p you can imagine!
Gordon Campbell and Friends, you truely suck!
Sharon Shepherd your done! :smt075

CITY OF KELOWNA NOISE BYLAW NO. 6647
A bylaw to regulate and prohibit the making or causing of noises and sounds within the City of Kelowna
WHEREAS under the provisions of Sections 724 of the Local Government Act, the City of Kelowna may by bylaw, regulate or prohibit the making or causing of noises or sounds in or on any highway or elsewhere in the City of Kelowna which disturb or tend to disturb the quiet, peace, rest, enjoyment, comfort, or convenience of the neighbourhood, or any person in the vicinity, or which the Council believes are objectionable or liable to disturb the quiet, peace, rest, enjoyment, comfort or convenience of individuals or the public and may make different regulations or prohibitions for different areas of the municipality;
AND WHEREAS it is the opinion of the Kelowna City Council that regulations and prohibitions must be instituted to control objectionable noises or sounds liable to disturb the quiet, peace, rest, enjoyment, comfort or convenience of individuals or the public.
1. CITING
1.1 This bylaw may be cited as the “Kelowna Noise and Disturbances Control Bylaw No. 6647”.
2. DEFINITIONS
2.1 Words defined in the “Motor Vehicle Act”, Chapter 318 of the Revised Statutes of British Columbia, 1996 and the “Local Government Act”, Chapter 323, Revised Statutes of British Columbia, 1996 shall have the same meaning when used in this bylaw unless defined in this bylaw or unless the context otherwise requires.

(a) “City” means the City of Kelowna or the area within the boundaries thereof.
(c) “Highway” includes every highway within the meaning of the “Highway Act” Chapter 188 of the Revised Statutes of British Columbia, 1996, and every road, street, lane, thoroughfare, bridge, public way, or right-of-way designed or intended for or used by the general public for the passage of vehicles in every private place or passageway to which the public, for the purpose of the parking or servicing of vehicles, has access or is invited and every boulevard and sidewalk;
SUMMARY:
The Noise Control Bylaw regulates or prohibits the making of objectionable noise the City of Kelowna that may disturb the quiet or enjoyment of other individuals. Objectionable noises include playing radios and stereos at high volume, or keeping animals or birds, which by their noise unduly disturbs the surrounding neighbourhood.
5. PENALTIES
5.1 Every person who violates any provisions of this bylaw or who suffers or permits any act or thing to be done in contravention or in violation of any of the provisions of this bylaw or who neglects to do or refrains from doing anything required to be done by any of the provisions of this bylaw, or who does any act which constitutes an offence against the bylaw is guilty of an offence against this bylaw and liable to the penalties hereby imposed. Each day that the violation continues to exist, shall constitute a separate offence.
5.2 Every person who commits an offence against this bylaw is liable to a fine and penalty of not more than FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500.00) for each offence and in default of payment thereof, forthwith or within such time as a presiding be recoverable under the provisions of the “Offence Act”
BriTer
Guru

Re: Annoying Loud Vehicles!

Post by BriTer »

Didn't you already start a few threads elsewhere on this subject?
Hey! Where you been??
"Let there be smoke." And there was smoke. And it was gooooooood.
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

BriTer wrote:Didn't you already start a few threads elsewhere on this subject?
Hey! Where you been??

No, this is brand new!
I asked the Mayor this question: Why are laws not being enforced, she said they are!
I asked Bylaw, they say it's the Police's job, I asked the Police, they said it's Bylaws job.
Go Figure!
Maybe we need a consultant to figure it out!

Ive been building a house in Merritt! :lol:
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Hey! Where you been??

He's trying to set a record for member most likely to be on the foe list. :D
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

LoneWolf wrote:
Hey! Where you been??

He's trying to set a record for member most likely to be on the foe list. :D

No, that one is already taken already \:D/
Scynite
Board Meister

Post by Scynite »

Struts 'N' Stuff Auto wrote:Why are our laws not being enforced ?, and why is it that we have to listen to the annoying noise from noisy vehicles day and night?

It's probably not that it's not being enforced, but that it is hard to enforce without someone complaining about it.

I'm sure that it must be annoying for you to listen to it, I have a fellow who drives in at 2:30am in the morning, probably after his night shift and wakes me up most mornings. What can I do about it, really?

If I go outside, and take down the license number, and complain to the bylaws office, what will they do about it, if anything? I'd like to think that they could look up the license plate and send a notice to the owner, but how do I know?

On the other hand, I have been one of those guys that goes up and down your street with a bad muffler. I didn't have the money to fix it for about 1 1/2 weeks. The problem was not only the muffler, but a rusty pipe in the middle of the car to the engine block had to be replaced. Cost me about $500 in the end to have it replaced and welded.

I'm sure my neighbours didn't like the sound as I embarrassingly puttered up and down the street, from work to home to mall, but what could I do until I could fix it?
Don't get so mad, it's just my opinion.
dandynick5
Guru

Post by dandynick5 »

Struts 'N' Stuff Auto wrote:

What's your area of building expertise?
This signature may be a forgery.
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

dandynick5 wrote:

What's your area of building expertise?

Drywall, Finishing, Siding, Moldings, etc.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

removed - Jennylives

Return to “Grab Bag”