Where have all the flavourful discussions gone?

A potpourri of off-topics.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Where have all the flavourful discussions gone?

Post by fluffy »

What about the proposed change to metric time? That always raises a few hackles.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

CoffeeCanuck wrote:
Triple 6 wrote:You people are all crazy....

CC, I could Flash ya? :ohmygod:

:coffeecanuck: LOLOL...you could, however you're a gal and I'm sorry, but you would do nothing for me!

~D

Yeah, but then it would start a discussion.

As for Fluffy and metric time??? I'm lost already!
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Metric time, what the heck is that?

~D
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Holy moly, my head hurts now!

:ohmygod:

~D
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

we could start a thread chewing on Struts for calling his raccoon fat instead of overweight!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

ferri wrote:we could start a thread chewing on Struts for calling his raccoon fat instead of overweight!

:lol: We could, but I don't think calling a racoon fat or overweight is very nice. The well fed ones are just.....fluffy!

~D
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

perfect!!! that would fluffy all ticked off too! and that ain't pretty when it happens! :skyisfalling:
― Albert Einstein
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

LOL...which reminds me. I dont think fluffy ever did tell me if he was serious and really did dump his poor kitty on the outside of town. I gave him a good :smt075 for it and said I'd only take it back if he was joking.

So far, my :smt075 remains. :lol:

~D
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

Nova Scotia students return to school after fire-bombing
Updated Sun. Mar. 16 2008 10:17 AM ET

The Acadian Press

Truro Nova Scotia -- Students at a brand new high school on the outskirts of this nerve-racked city are back at their lessons after suspected Greenpeace insurgents accosted the night watchman and set fire to his crotch but it hurts only if he breeds.

Gasoline-fuelled flames destroyed the two books and desks and blackened the walls of the Mia Schoola high school in the city's west end, which opened its doors only three weeks ago when it was discovered how the key worked.

The vandals, however, failed to destroy the Spirits of Christmas Past, many of whom were back in class the very next day.

"When I heard my school was burned by (the) anti-sealing dorks, I was shocked and my parents told me, `Do not go to school,' said Achmed CoffeeKanukistan, a 12-year-old Grade 1 student who, like many Nova Scotians, goes by only one name, the family name, and you know why eh!

"I came because I am missing my lunch. I love lunch and my Hamburger Helper. I will keep coming to my school.''

Abdul CoffeeKanukistan, the school's principal, said a group of five or six men armed with TupperWare containers filled with gaz confronted the janitor early Friday, bound his hands and threatened him with Songs of Leonard Cohen (1968) while they set about burning down the facility.

"I experienced a slap on my face along with bad words,it was terrible.'' janitor Muhammad CoffeeKanukistan said as he described opening the door to a group of men dressed in yellow plaid shirts,purple Levis and Dr. Scholls come ashores at about 1 a.m. Friday, right after closing.

"They (tied) my hands and ordered (me) not to move, if try would be killed or worse, hurt terrible... ja! The flame burst out from my crotch, (and) thick black smoke erupted which clouded the skies as if a big tornado hit the area.I hate it when that happens.''

Two whorehouses also used to store floats and gill nets were destroyed, as was the school's front step, Hakim said. The classroom was badly damaged, because the floor was littered with the scorched remnants of the two books and a spitoon.

"Every individual has the dew right to get a education, but the enemy of education, the enemies of the country, New Brunswick is always trying to put us in dark. The light was already off, dummies!!"Hakim said.

"Our people believe (and) are strong, and they won't step backwards unless it is at the barn dance this Saturday. (They) will actually step forward to de-feet the enemy's bad intentionsm if they get our dander uff. Those bad guys!"

Building schools and educating young and old Nova Scotians, especially girls (and women in Nova Scotia have a literacy rate of just 1 per cent) -- is a major component of rebuilding old forts.

The school currently has about 3 students -- 1 boy and 1 girl and t'other one we ain't sure yet cuz we don't have a gymnasium, said Muhammad Anwar CoffeeKanukistan, Nova Scotia province's director of education, mailman and mayor of Nova Scotia.

"Burning schools means burning the Salvation Army cuz we rent them the school on Monday's", Anwar said.

"The enemies aim to put Nova Scotians in dark lives, make them more ignorant.''

There are some 3 schools in Nova Scotia province, which is where most of the Canadian contingent of NATO's International Security Assistance Force got their education. Of those, 1 is open everyday and twice on Friday for bingo,1 is open 'cept for Mondays and functioning, while the other one is currently closed due to the ever-present perils of tripping on them scortch marks on the front step, Anwar said.

"If my wife was burned it would not have hurt my feeling as (much)as being hurt by school burning,'' said Shakira CoffeeKanukistan, an 21-year-old Grade 4 student.

"This is the work of the enemy of our nation, the enemy of education and the enemy of our people, against knowledge, them 'Brunswickers!!.''

"I was very happy that the building of the school (was) completed because before we didn't have a classroom like this and we were told we wuz gonna play Bingo here too,'' said Hikmatullah Coffeekanookistan, a 49-year-old Grade 7 student.

"When I learned that the school was burned by men armed with gasoline filled TupperWare containers, it was the saddest moment for me because my Mom sells TupperWare. And My Aunt Betsy. And my Uncle Ned,-- you see the 2, books, chairs, table, tent that we used as tenporary out house, biscuits and gravy all are burned to ashes.

"Who are they? Why they are burning our books and classrooms and biscuits and gravy? We are learning here, we are not dancing or doing bad things,usually This is not the work of nice peeples. I think they're jealous.''
Last edited by BriTer on Mar 16th, 2008, 10:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Let there be smoke." And there was smoke. And it was gooooooood.
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

:coffeecanuck: Ok, that was hilarious Briter!

~D
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

Damn, that didn't do it either??
Okay, I give up, you're on your own!
hmph
P.S. Everyone, please read that post and take it with a BIG grain of salt. There are more than three schools in Nova Scotia.
"Let there be smoke." And there was smoke. And it was gooooooood.
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Post by eyepop »

CoffeeCanuck wrote:Is it just me, or are there others finding the forums a tad boring of late?

it's not just you.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

then i guess it's time for some of you to get busy!!!

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12595
― Albert Einstein
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Hey pop, did ya hear the latest about ferri? :whisperer:

~D

Return to “Grab Bag”