Cats?

A potpourri of off-topics.
mlroberts
Fledgling

Cats?

Post by mlroberts »

Hi I figured this would be as good a place to ask. Does anyone know just how long a cat can go without food or water? I have a neighbours cat stuck up in one of my 70ft trees out back and it has been there since yesterday early evening. I feel so bad for it but it won't come down and I cant get up to get it. Any ideas? :skyisfalling:
Life is Hard ! Get a Helmet!
Jo
Slot 16

Re: Cats?

Post by Jo »

He'll come down, they always do! He can go a long time without food and water, I've heard of cats caught in workshops, not found for a couple of weeks or even longer. They come out a little worse for wear but alive.
mlroberts
Fledgling

Post by mlroberts »

Thanks Jo. He just sounds so upset :crocodiletears:
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

It's hard, I know! He sure is a long way up the tree, the silly beast!
mlroberts
Fledgling

Post by mlroberts »

Kitty is back on solid ground!!!!Hope he learned his lesson! :123: :123:
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

little stinker! i think sometimes cats do that just to upset people! thank you for letting us know! :)
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

I'm happy kitty is back!
We inadvertently shut our cat in the 'hats and scarves' draw for a verified 9 days(between visits from mother dear). When the draw was opened, the cat meowed, jumped down then wobbled towards the kitchen for some water. The vet told us that a cat can go into a state similar to semi-hibernation in similar circumstances to ours. I'm not sure if a cat up a tree would have that luxury though.
:spinball:
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

speaking of semi-hybernation:

Cat Survives 4 Weeks In Refrigerator
Boy Put Cat In Appliance For Safety

A cat in Oklahoma City survived being closed in a refrigerator for four weeks without food or water, according to a Local 6 News report.

Tyce Honer, 4, said he forgot he had put Louis the 10-pound cat in a refrigerator in the family's barn to keep it safe. When the cat was missing, the family feared it may have been eaten by coyotes. However, four weeks after the cat disappeared, the boy's father decided to clean out the appliance and found the cat weighing only 3 pounds.

"For some reason I reached up and pulled the handle on the refrigerator and Louie and the cat fell out," Todd Honer said. The cat's family and neighbors are amazed at how Louis survived four weeks inside a refrigerator without food or water.

"Somebody asked how a cat can live in a refrigerator a little over four weeks at least, I know that now. But I can't explain it," cat's veterinarian Terry Lohmann said.

http://www.local6.com/news/5468399/detail.html :cursor:
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

Jo wrote:He'll come down, they always do! He can go a long time without food and water, I've heard of cats caught in workshops, not found for a couple of weeks or even longer. They come out a little worse for wear but alive.

I had a cat that got stuck in the neighbours garage for 3 weeks. She was a little thin but survived fine.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan

Return to “Grab Bag”