Pet Peeves

A potpourri of off-topics.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Queen K »

Yard thieves. Just leave other people's stuff alone, k? Geez.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

People who use thier phone to video at concerts with the spot light on. We were surrounded by them last night, how oblivious do you have to be not to notice you're lighting up the back of everyone's head in front of you. Thankfully security were addressing those who were too daft to notice for themselves.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

"Check your privilege."

Doesn't matter how it was originally intended, now the meaning has morphed into:

"It doesn't matter what you have gone through in your life, the mere fact of your colour renders all your experiences and opinions null and void. So Shut Up, Whitey. "
I haven't failed until I quit.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

People who think site c is not needed are really missing a few brains. :130:
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

As a result of viewing too many YouTube links provided by some of our conspiracy minded posters, my profile has changed and now recommends videos that are meant for whack jobs. :-X
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Posts that read like they were written well past midnight, lubricated with alcoholic bevies.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

When you phone a business and you really need to talk to a human and you get their automated menu and there are at least 10 selections you have to press through only to have to leave a message at the end and no one calls you back... :-X
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Okay. So I discover a new book series and I am really enjoying it. Loved book one so much I urged the library to buy the rest of the series, and it appears they are :yahoo:

On to the pet peeve. I have read book 1. Book 3 is sitting in my living room. And book 2 is . . . somewhere. They're sending it (supposedly).

I loathe reading books out of order! But I also hate having to wait to read something when it is already here . . .

*AUGH*
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ you could always check to see if book 2 in on eBay, if the price is cheap enough along with delivery time. Just a suggestion
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Thanks GordonH - it is a good idea.

But I honestly can't afford more books (at least not right now, hoping some folks will be giving me cash or gc's to buy them with for Christmas).

As it is I'll be paying well into next year for this Christmas (another pet peeve - my tendency to impulse shop). I have a home with 6 bookcases in the living room, plus one in each of the kid's rooms. :biggrin:

I am not QK level of book hoarding, but I may be approaching it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Level 10 is difficult to achieve but one can do it with the right garage space. And don't forget, I dont' hoard, I sell.

What series are you looking for? Maybe I've got it, right. Also, for all the time I spend looking at books, I could have spotted it by now.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Queen K wrote:Level 10 is difficult to achieve but one can do it with the right garage space. And don't forget, I dont' hoard, I sell.

What series are you looking for? Maybe I've got it, right. Also, for all the time I spend looking at books, I could have spotted it by now.

The Chronicles of St. Mary's (Time traveling historians :D)
http://www.bookseriesinorder.com/chronicles-of-st-marys/

The title of the first book caught my eye "Just one damned thing after another" and from there I was hooked.
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Bra shopping!

I mean, it' takes years to finally get the last new bra stretched out, underwires removed, and be soft and comfy cosy (or as comfy cosy as a bra can be). Just when it all feels right, I hear my Mothers voice in my head with the old sage advice of, "always wear clean and nice underwear in case you're ever taken to the hospital."

*Sigh* Time to go shopping. :-X
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

CoffeeCanuck wrote:Bra shopping!

I mean, it' takes years to finally get the last new bra stretched out, underwires removed, and be soft and comfy cosy (or as comfy cosy as a bra can be). Just when it all feels right, I hear my Mothers voice in my head with the old sage advice of, "always wear clean and nice underwear in case you're ever taken to the hospital."

*Sigh* Time to go shopping. :-X

...tops the list....then there is also that other really fun thing - bathing suit shopping....
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Never really understood the "clean underwear in case" deal,

If one gets hit by a bus, chances are it will be soiled anyways.

:topic:
People that "guilt trip" others to
get their way.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

Return to “Grab Bag”