Pet Peeves

A potpourri of off-topics.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Parking lot Pet fu :cuss: ing Peeves, it happened twice today:

I am the only one parked in the area, I come out to see someone parked right up next up to me. Meanwhile there is still no one else in that row of parking spots. Why the fu :cuss: do as :cuss: holes do that.... I know just to be that as :cuss: holes.
Maybe the next one who does this I will pull my door open real damn hard... oh you got dent, to fu :cuss: king bad as :cuss: hole

This happened again today, I prefer to get my grocery shopping done first thing in the morning. Only a few vehicles in the parking lot, I'm a abled body person so don't use any spots nearest the doors.
Huge supply of parking stalls available, so I'm leaving just find some fu :cuss: idiot park right next to me. Barely enough room for me to get into vehicle (still large areas of empty parking stalls available).
Anyone who does this is a fu :cuss: inconsiderate as :cuss: hole.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I liken drivers to herd animals - they have to be close to another vehicle (happens to me all too often as I park away from other vehicles if possible - I like my space too).
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

GordonH wrote:This happened again today, I prefer to get my grocery shopping done first thing in the morning. Only a few vehicles in the parking lot, I'm a abled body person so don't use any spots nearest the doors.
Huge supply of parking stalls available, so I'm leaving just find some fu :cuss: idiot park right next to me. Barely enough room for me to get into vehicle (still large areas of empty parking stalls available).

You've just found yourself the victim of a self fulfilling prophecy. Thing is drivers who don't know how to park also want to park in the less used areas of lots because it's easier to pull in and out of. So unfortunately your attempt to avoid lousy parkers is the very reason they seem to find you.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:This happened again today, I prefer to get my grocery shopping done first thing in the morning. Only a few vehicles in the parking lot, I'm a abled body person so don't use any spots nearest the doors.

Poindexter wrote:You've just found yourself the victim of a self fulfilling prophecy. Thing is drivers who don't know how to park also want to park in the less used areas of lots because it's easier to pull in and out of. So unfortunately your attempt to avoid lousy parkers is the very reason they seem to find you.

Funny thing is I was parked in the middle area of the parking lot, I was the only one in the whole area. If this other vehicle had parked on the passenger side of my vehicle, I would not have given a damn. No the driver damn near block me from getting into my vehicle (less the 18 inches).
I'm starting to see why some people park on a angle & take 2 spots.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Gordon: I'm starting to see why some people park on a angle & take 2 spots.

With your luck I have a feeling you'd come out of the store to find two cars, angled and parked tightly on both sides of your vehicle anyway. :biggrin:
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Gordon wrote:I'm starting to see why some people park on a angle & take 2 spots.

Poindexter wrote:With your luck I have a feeling you'd come out of the store to find two cars, angled and parked tightly on both sides of your vehicle anyway. :biggrin:

So very true lol
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

The home business across the street has about 2 - 4 regular employees... Fine that’s okay.

They all park on the street... NBD, I’ll drive the 150 m and turn around in the cul-de-sac so that I can approach our steep-ish driveway at a good angle.

Every single one of them uses my driveway to turn around. I am totally in looooove with the resulting strips of ice left welded to it that have to be chipped off with a spade. I am deeply-smitten with the enhancement of the rubber twisty hickies left behind when it’s warmer than freezing. And oh..... oh.... in the middle of a nap when I’m sick, it’s especially heartwarming to wake up to the roar of a pimped-truck spinning half-way up the driveway. [\sarcam off]

I know, it’s legally fair game leaving me no choice but to ignore it. However:

If you have a home office with employees, please respect your neighbours and maybe even allow your employees to park in your driveway.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Bsuds wrote:Castanets misleading headlines!

Not just misleading but out and out wrong.

Another one I detest - changing quotes in an article. A reporter does a story, uses quotes and then changes what was said. Wrong wrong wrong.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

kgcayenne wrote:The home business across the street has about 2 - 4 regular employees... Fine that’s okay.

They all park on the street... NBD, I’ll drive the 150 m and turn around in the cul-de-sac so that I can approach our steep-ish driveway at a good angle.

Every single one of them uses my driveway to turn around. I am totally in looooove with the resulting strips of ice left welded to it that have to be chipped off with a spade. I am deeply-smitten with the enhancement of the rubber twisty hickies left behind when it’s warmer than freezing. And oh..... oh.... in the middle of a nap when I’m sick, it’s especially heartwarming to wake up to the roar of a pimped-truck spinning half-way up the driveway. [\sarcam off]

I know, it’s legally fair game leaving me no choice but to ignore it. However:

If you have a home office with employees, please respect your neighbours and maybe even allow your employees to park in your driveway.

Can you put cones at the end of your driveway to prevent them using it as a turn around?
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I was thinking of a spike belt.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I like looking at the Tango stuff on Castanut but get annoyed at having to click on it several times to get to watch what it is I want to see.

Why can't it be done in 1 damn click!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

Truck weights are all in KGs so put the bridge weight capacity in KGs not in tonnes.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

one wheel wrote:Truck weights are all in KGs so put the bridge weight capacity in KGs not in tonnes.

Well, its very easy to convert:
1 tonne = 1,000 kg's
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

GordonH wrote:Well, its very easy to convert:
1 tonne = 1,000 kg's

Which would be why they call it a metric ton.

Have to admit though, Canada converted to the metric system after I had learned the imperial system and have been confused ever since. Appears one system of measure is all my brain is capable of memorizing.
:138:
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Well, its very easy to convert:
1 tonne = 1,000 kg's

Poindexter wrote:Which would be why they call it a metric ton.

Have to admit though, Canada converted to the metric system after I had learned the imperial system, have been confused since. Appears one system of measure is all my brain is capable of memorizing.
:138:

Lets confuse the hell out of everyone now.
Short ton (US ton) which is 2,000 pounds
Long ton (British ton) which is 2,240 pounds
Metric ton which is approximately 2,204 pounds

Hope that straighten it all out..... lol

Return to “Grab Bag”