Pet Peeves

A potpourri of off-topics.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by zookeeper »

My girlish figure is just fine, and I don't mind paying for something good to eat. If I wanted to eat something dry, hard and tasteless I'd BBQ my shoe.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Real leather slathered in garlic butter sauce.

But seriously, my NEW pet peeve right now is that it's my Friday and I didn't get eggs to make homemade ice cream.
I know you're doing better than I ever will.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I know the road in front of houses is public.
I know that the first bit of the yard is actually road right-of-way.
However,
It is a pet peeve when someone parks with their tires over the curb and onto the grass we look after.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

kgcayenne wrote:I know the road in front of houses is public.
I know that the first bit of the yard is actually road right-of-way.
However,
It is a pet peeve when someone parks with their tires over the curb and onto the grass we look after.

Oh yeah ..... Never mind picking up the trash after the slobs finish their "food" and dump the wrappers on "city" property..

Feel your pain kg... I feel your pain.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

My pet peeve is to CoK, they need remove the ability of turn left out of downtown Safeway. Being so close to an intersection at Richter & Bernard.
I'm amazed how many incredible close calls I see
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

My pet peeve is that there is no left hand turn signal at the corner of Sutherland and Gordon Dr.

Come on! Get with the two lane insanity CoK.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

The misuse of words and misspellings today is driving me nuts.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Currently, this smoke >_<
I haven't failed until I quit.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

I simply CANNOT stand the canned laughter on so many TV shows!! I hear it even after some pretty dumb comments that really aren't even funny!! It annoys me to the point that I turn the show off even if I might find parts of it amusing.
Chill
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

How short the weekends feel sometimes . . .
I haven't failed until I quit.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yesterday was my one day off, for once I put in extra time the week before. Pet peeve today? I smell smoke in the air. Seriously.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I posted something on my blog yesterday. It was shared 16 times of Facebook, but it's driving me nucking futs that I can't find a single person who actually shared it. Who is sharing my blog? Aliens or something? Why doesn't Facebook have the "shared links" app anymore? How come I can search for key words in the search bar, but I can't search shared web addresses? Facebook, you suck.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

It bothers me when someone writes a letter to the editor that is full of incorrect word usage, misplaced punctuation, and poor sentence structure in an effort to criticize the educational system.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/14 ... -in-school
I watched on tv last night’s news about the use of cell phones by our students in class in our school system that seems to be approved by our teachers and their union reps.

So now they take there cell phones into class, hit the numbers and get the answers to whatever they are being asked, without even knowing, how to work it out by using there own brains to get the correct answer.

What happens if they go for University entrance exams and they are told no cell phones, leave them at home or they are taken from them at the start of the examination, how will they manage?

I am a strong believer that a student should learn how to answer and solve problems with there own brains first and once that is accomplished, then and only then, let them use other devices. Otherwise every student who is allowed to take there cell phone into class should get 100% on all tests and exams, and then it will be well done to the teachers for doing a great job which would be totally incorrect.

Please parents, stop this, let the kids learn the proper way. I am sure that they would survive with not having there cell phones during school hours.

Thomas James McLuskey
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Minions. These things are downright annoying. After watching the latest minions movie, my annoyance went up, which I didn't think would be possible. They aren't cute. The are sorry sacks of annoyance that can't follow simple instructions when their lives depended upon it. Nothing is more annoying than someone who can't follow simple instructions.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

What the heck is up with all these young people doing the Miley Cyrus tongue thing?! It looks stupid on her, and you!
*ahhhhh, better now*
~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~

Return to “Grab Bag”