A potpourri of off-topics.
Poindexter
Guru

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Poindexter »

GordonH wrote:
GordonH wrote:Well, its very easy to convert:
1 tonne = 1,000 kg's

Poindexter wrote:Which would be why they call it a metric ton.

Have to admit though, Canada converted to the metric system after I had learned the imperial system, have been confused since. Appears one system of measure is all my brain is capable of memorizing.
:138:

Lets confuse the hell out of everyone now.
Short ton (US ton) which is 2,000 pounds
Long ton (British ton) which is 2,240 pounds
Metric ton which is approximately 2,204 pounds

Hope that straighten it all out..... lol

Not nice Gordo. Turns out I have a new pet peeve, people who show off that they understand more than one unit of measure.
:D
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Poindexter wrote:Not nice Gordo. Turns out I have a new pet peeve, people who show off that they understand more than one unit of measure.
:D

Or just knows how to use Google. :biggrin:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Pet Peeve is posters on here who don't even try to find a thread on subject they are about to post, instead just create another thread.
There is search tool for a f :cuss: ing reason, use the damn thing.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

I realize I’m very lucky to have a good job and be able to afford the necessities of life and a few other things I enjoy.

But it grinds my gears a bit when I see the same people making requests (more like demands) on these various people-helping-people groups on Facebook. Only accepting items that are brand new, specific birthday gifts for their kid, and being downright rude to anyone who suggested other resources around town that can help them out.

I know we’re all supposed to just scroll by if we’re not planning to help out (and no, I don’t leave snarky replies) but it’s frustrating see time and time again, especially when you know there are kind hearted people who are barely getting by themselves who’ll buy you brand new Legos.

It’s the people turning it into their personal gift registry instead of using it for its intended use.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I don’t see this on FB at all, is it the perhaps because kind of groups you are following?
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

kgcayenne wrote:I don’t see this on FB at all, is it the perhaps because kind of groups you are following?

Yes, these are the free/gift/trade groups. Where someone may trade their baby clothes for toddler sizes. Or giveaway boxes of granola bars that their kid might not be able to eat.

Not asking for brand new $60 sandals and becoming indignant when members are offering up realistic suggestions for resources in town.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The next time Castanet uses the word "furbaby" in a headline I swear I'm going to punch a kitten. And I like kittens, so it pains me to do that, but not as much as the word "furbaby" in a news headline.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Always Sunny wrote:I realize I’m very lucky to have a good job and be able to afford the necessities of life and a few other things I enjoy.

But it grinds my gears a bit when I see the same people making requests (more like demands) on these various people-helping-people groups on Facebook. Only accepting items that are brand new, specific birthday gifts for their kid, and being downright rude to anyone who suggested other resources around town that can help them out.

I know we’re all supposed to just scroll by if we’re not planning to help out (and no, I don’t leave snarky replies) but it’s frustrating see time and time again, especially when you know there are kind hearted people who are barely getting by themselves who’ll buy you brand new Legos.

It’s the people turning it into their personal gift registry instead of using it for its intended use.

Mine is when someone posts “Looking For Stolen Bicycle” with a big long sad story involving a “stolen bicycle”, “saved up paper route money and allowances” and a “I’m a single mom” for good measure. Why don’t you just come out and ask for someone to donate a new bicycle, you know someone will. Unfortunately that won’t teach little Johnny anything about locking his bike up.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Summer colds :swear: :cuss: :swear:
I haven't failed until I quit.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Furbaby

Post by Queen K »

I just did that to bug Glacier all day.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Topics with major spelling mistakes in the title.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Have a drink before you look at the classifieds, then.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

kgcayenne wrote:Have a drink before you look at the classifieds, then.

I'm waiting for the legalization of MJ.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

Lady tehMa wrote:Summer colds :swear: :cuss: :swear:

me too
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Posts that use words that are either really badly spelled or only exist in the posters mind.

Return to “Grab Bag”