Pet Peeves

A potpourri of off-topics.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Captain Awesome »

Bsuds wrote:The parents are the ones who used to have or still have a Mohawk.

Yup. And after mohawk come tattoos!
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Our "metric" system. For example dairys sell one litre cartons of Creamo, but the smaller one is 473 ml, not 500 ml.

Yes, I know 473 is one pint, but if your selling a product in metric measurements, why not sell all sizes of that product in metric measurements ?

Is this to make it harder to comparison shop ? The federal government in their "wisdom" started metrification in 1970 and we still have Creamo in pints ????????

Before you say "it's because we are so close the huge US market". Well before metrification we sold milk products, for example, in imperial quarts and imperial gallons and imperial pints.

Also a container can state "10 oz",,, is that 10 imperial fluid ounces, or 10 US fluid ounces, in some cases with certain products, one brand is in indicated in fluid and another brand of the same product is in what the US calls "food" fluid ounces

eg 1 US dry quart = 37.2367 US fl oz OR 36.7074 US fl oz (food)

Confused ? I think that's the goal of food producers.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

That reminds me, I have to stop at Rona today, and pick up some lumber. I need a few 51 X 102s so that I can construct a compost pile.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

when family/friends feed my kids crap
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
onefishtwofish

Post by onefishtwofish »

Mine is when people leave a phone number on an answering machine and they say it so fast I have to listen to the message 3 times to write it down.The other day I listened to a message for me to call back a number along with a reference number.

"call me back at 18771231234withthereferencenumber1234567."

or I get "my number is 2 -- 5 -- 0 -- 1231234"
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

onefishtwofish wrote:Mine is when people leave a phone number on an answering machine and they say it so fast I have to listen to the message 3 times to write it down.The other day I listened to a message for me to call back a number along with a reference number.

"call me back at 18771231234withthereferencenumber1234567."

or I get "my number is 2 -- 5 -- 0 -- 1231234"

It happened to me so often that I make it a practice to say the call back number twice. both times slowly and clearly.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

My pet peeve is those articles people post or like on Facebook that say something like "The 10 worst films. I can't believe what #3 is."

Sorry, people, but if an article title contains something like "I can't believe" or "you wouldn't believe" or something similar, I most definitely won't click on it because the title is enough to want to dig my nails into the chalk board.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Glacier wrote:My pet peeve is those articles people post or like on Facebook that say something like "The 10 worst films. I can't believe what #3 is."

Sorry, people, but if an article title contains something like "I can't believe" or "you wouldn't believe" or something similar, I most definitely won't click on it because the title is enough to want to dig my nails into the chalk board.

YES!!!!!
I haven't failed until I quit.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I found something more annoying than people who sign every post. People who sign every post...on Facebook.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

How about peeps who like their own photos? I mean, stop it already.

Or have public arguments with their spouses on FB. I read one recently. Ugh.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

What about the people who use massive watermarks on their photos who are not even shooting for earnings. Yes, you have Lightroom etc, we get it, now why the hell didn't you straighten that shot? Gimme the fekkin file and I'll fix it for you, dammit.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Neighbours who block driveways.

Snowplows that only clear one side of a road so that weeks afterward you're still navigating slowly to avoid getting stuck in a melting snowbank.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Probably mentioned numerous times but couldn't narrow the search results down fine enough to find something similar.

Posters who create thread topics who don't define what the topic is until you read the first post. How hard is it to create the subject that defines the topic?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

Just to resurrect this thread again.... Same as always...

Pet peeve - stupid people.

~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

Pet Peeve.... Really F*cking stupid people!

~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~

Return to “Grab Bag”