Pet Peeves

A potpourri of off-topics.

Re: Pet Peeves

Postby Bsuds » Oct 9th, 2018, 6:43 am

There are a couple of TV ads for local business's that I find annoying. 1 for a Realtor and the other for RV sales.
Thank God for the mute button on the remote because last night they were showed back to back while watching the News.

We won't even talk about the new Weather guy Pee Wee Herman! :200:
My Wife gives me very sound advice...99% sound and 1% advice!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 12119 posts

Postby cubafreak » Oct 9th, 2018, 6:49 am

Thank you for the information one wheel..regarding canadian tire...I would not have known until next year about it. How annoying, Kelowna has a shortage of dumping stations and we NEED a decent one!

Bsuds likes this post.
cubafreak
Board Meister

Liked in: 95 posts

Postby Bsuds » Oct 9th, 2018, 7:00 am

cubafreak wrote:Thank you for the information one wheel..regarding canadian tire...I would not have known until next year about it. How annoying, Kelowna has a shortage of dumping stations and we NEED a decent one!

I have only ever used CT's dump station 1 time as it is too difficult to get in and out with a larger rig. We are usually staying at places with full service and dump before leaving. Many RV parks will let you use their dumping station for a small fee if you aren't staying there.

It would be nice to have one on the Hwy somewhere though.

cubafreak likes this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Postby ferri » Oct 19th, 2018, 11:07 am

:cuss: When I see a trailer for a good movie and find out it isn't based on a book. I'd rather read, thank you very much.
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson
ferri
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 9899 posts

Postby Bpeep » Oct 19th, 2018, 11:16 am

one wheel wrote:The Canadian Tire Store at Leckie & Hwy.97 have closed their Dumping Station permanently due to vandalism. What a shame because it was the only one that I know of that could accommodate the longer trailers & then have easy access back onto Hwy.97. I don't blame the management for closing it if required a daily clean up ?

So where are other Dumping Stations located in Kelowna that have access for larger units ?

With the election coming up maybe those running for Mayor would consider putting in a proper Dumping Station like most other towns provide ?

I bet its more like they closed it coz it represents a cost with zero return.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive *bleep* excessively.

normaM likes this post.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Liked in: 10420 posts

Postby GordonH » Oct 19th, 2018, 11:18 am

ferri wrote::cuss: When I see a trailer for a good movie and find out it isn't based on a book. I'd rather read, thank you very much.

Every movie based on a novel/book, should be known as very loosely based. i.e someone was reading the book while walking through the movie set. lol
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

2 people like this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8429 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby ferri » Oct 19th, 2018, 12:41 pm

GordonH wrote:
Every movie based on a novel/book, should be known as very loosely based. i.e someone was reading the book while walking through the movie set. lol

Haha! Good point! There's also a dang tv show that I've seen advertised and I thought there must be a book. HA! Something about a plane taking off and disappearing for 9 years or something like that and then finally landing and the people on board don't realize they've been missing that long. That would be such a good book. If someone wrote it! :-X
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson

Poindexter likes this post.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 9899 posts

Postby Poindexter » Oct 19th, 2018, 7:27 pm

ferri wrote:
GordonH wrote:

Haha! Good point! There's also a dang tv show that I've seen advertised and I thought there must be a book. HA! Something about a plane taking off and disappearing for 9 years or something like that and then finally landing and the people on board don't realize they've been missing that long. That would be such a good book. If someone wrote it! :-X

Can you imagine coming back after 9 years to discover Trump is the POTUS? Think I'd hop back on the plane. [icon_lol2.gif]
Poindexter
Guru

Liked in: 4534 posts

Postby Lady tehMa » Oct 19th, 2018, 8:16 pm

Bsuds wrote:
I have only ever used CT's dump station 1 time as it is too difficult to get in and out with a larger rig. We are usually staying at places with full service and dump before leaving. Many RV parks will let you use their dumping station for a small fee if you aren't staying there.

It would be nice to have one on the Hwy somewhere though.

The Shell at Hwy 33 has one, I believe
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4280 posts

Postby Bsuds » Oct 29th, 2018, 1:32 pm

People who answer an online ad asking if the item is still available and you tell them yes it is, then you never hear from them again! :-X :cuss:

Why the :cuss: did you ask in the first place!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Postby kgcayenne » Oct 29th, 2018, 2:28 pm

Bsuds wrote:People who answer an online ad asking if the item is still available and you tell them yes it is, then you never hear from them again! :-X :cuss:

Why the :cuss: did you ask in the first place!

I have been guilty of that. Gaaak, when ‘stuff comes up’ I end up with this feeling that I had forgotten to do something. Was it me? Regarding a Nikon lens perhaps?
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4172 posts

Postby Queen K » Oct 29th, 2018, 2:47 pm

Neighbours who don't think cleaning the leaves out of the gutter is any of their business, even if it's off their freaking tree.
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 14315 posts

Postby Bsuds » Oct 29th, 2018, 2:53 pm

kgcayenne wrote:I have been guilty of that. Gaaak, when ‘stuff comes up’ I end up with this feeling that I had forgotten to do something. Was it me? Regarding a Nikon lens perhaps?

You're safe, not a lens but do you need a car or a dishwasher? lol
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Postby Bsuds » Oct 29th, 2018, 4:12 pm

Another peeve is I was watching an NCIS re-run and they were supposed to be on the USS Enterprise CVN65. They then proceeded to show pictures of the USS John C. Stennis CVN74. Pretty dumb!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Postby Bsuds » Nov 14th, 2018, 7:49 pm

Opened a package of Taco shells for dinner and half of them were broken! :-X
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

PreviousNext

Return to Grab Bag