Open Firepits in Kelowna?

A potpourri of off-topics.
BoB76
Guru

Re: Open Firepits in Kelowna?

Post by BoB76 »

Cumungala wrote:My parents were inside because it was chilly out. Theyve been around when I had that fireplace going, infact we sometimes invited people over in the summer for supper and a fire. My big mistake was when I threw a stack of cardboard on in the middle of summer in the afternoon and the flames were about 8 feet tall and the smoke pillar rose hundreds of feet in the air and could probably be seen for miles. I learned about burning smoky things at night and keeping daytime fires low key.

I knew a number of people in Kelowna who had a fireplace in their back yard, so it must be legal.

Didn't your parents tell you that you'll pee the bed if you play with fire?
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Cumungala wrote:
I knew a number of people in Kelowna who had a fireplace in their back yard, so it must be legal.

That's right, just because other people do it makes it ok.

What part of "there is a bylaw banning them in Kelowna" do you have difficulty understanding?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Cumungala
Übergod

Post by Cumungala »

Bsuds wrote:
Cumungala wrote:

What part of "there is a bylaw banning them in Kelowna" do you have difficulty understanding?

In my books there isnt a bylaw against them. So what if its illegal? Curling up by a nice fire is more important than some stupid law. I heard that they actually are legal as long as you are cooking hot dogs over it. I always go out with a stick and a package of hot dogs so if the bylaw guys come I could just pretend I'm cooking hot dogs when really I am not... :discodance: :discodance: :discodance:

I don't even live in Kelowna anymore so you don't have to worry. There are still COUNTLESS other people that have outdoor fireplaces in Kelowna though.

People act like that having an illegal fireplace is worse than murder. People also worry that I am 14 and I shouldn't be playing with fire. Would you rather I be 4 years old and playing with fire?? I am almost an adult and I am NOT going to burn down the city or anything. Just have a nice fire in a fireplace.

Why aren't wood burning stoves illegal? They are pretty much the same thing.
aginger1
Board Meister

Post by aginger1 »

Are firepits ok in West Kelowna? I live in the Shannon Lake area I also heard that as long as you are cooking food and have a water source (bucket of water or hose) its ok. anyone up on the west side bylaw?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Puddlejumper40
Board Meister

Post by Puddlejumper40 »

^^^the above link took me to camp fires^^^

http://www.districtofwestkelowna.ca/381/Permits

This link takes you to back yard burning. Not sure if you mean camp fires or a fire pit in your backyard...

Edited- my link almost suggests you could burn... Please tell me you are NOT allowed to have backyard fires pits in West Kelowna when they are banned in Kelowna.
Yours truly,

JollyJumper40 :)
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Firepit was the term used. Unless you have the property to adhere to the regulations, I don't think they are allowed in the area.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Grab Bag”