Friday Nov 28 Rutland has gone Totally Crazy!

A potpourri of off-topics.

Friday Nov 28 Rutland has gone Totally Crazy!

Postby Struts 'N' Stuff Auto » Nov 29th, 2008, 12:00 am

I have been in Kelowna a short 7 years but have not seen the stupidity that is still taking place as I type this.
Today was the first day with snow on the ground.
The day started with a single vehicle crash on Hwy 97 and Sexsmith!
Instead of people driving according to the road conditions, I think the anti-christ visited many many people and convinced them to be all out crazy today.
We had about 400 more vehicles down our street today, so instead of 500, we had 900, and about 75% of these vehicles were totally out of control, spinning sideways, over-revving their engines, and basically complete nutcases to say the least.
900 vehicles in a quiet residential area is totally insane to begin with! Sometimes 6-8 vehicles all in a pile racing around on very slippery streets.
I just found out that the punks a block away are back to selling dope, and thus the reason for some extra traffic, as the punks must have got out of jail.
I spoke with the RCMP today numerous times and they say that Kelowna has gone totally crazy today, and they are so busy with calls that they can't believe it is worse then peak summer!
Sirens going all day long, people driving like complete nutcases, and druggie punks all over the place.

Kelowna has definately gone down hill in the last few months to a point where all those who are selling their homes and moving away are the smartest bunch around.
Im going to write today off and blame the stuff that has been in the shooting stars for the way the idiots have been here in Rutland today.
People have gone totally crazy on this first day with snow!

Of course, no one else in Rutland noticed any of this craziness today, because they were probably part of it or watching tv.
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1 post

Re: Friday Nov 28 Rutland has gone Totally Crazy!

Postby mechanic_virus » Nov 29th, 2008, 12:14 am

Struts 'N' Stuff Auto wrote:I have been in Kelowna a short 7 years but have not seen the stupidity that is still taking place as I type this.
Today was the first day with snow on the ground.
The day started with a single vehicle crash on Hwy 97 and Sexsmith!
Instead of people driving according to the road conditions, I think the anti-christ visited many many people and convinced them to be all out crazy today.
We had about 400 more vehicles down our street today, so instead of 500, we had 900, and about 75% of these vehicles were totally out of control, spinning sideways, over-revving their engines, and basically complete nutcases to say the least.
900 vehicles in a quiet residential area is totally insane to begin with! Sometimes 6-8 vehicles all in a pile racing around on very slippery streets.
I just found out that the punks a block away are back to selling dope, and thus the reason for some extra traffic, as the punks must have got out of jail.
I spoke with the RCMP today numerous times and they say that Kelowna has gone totally crazy today, and they are so busy with calls that they can't believe it is worse then peak summer!
Sirens going all day long, people driving like complete nutcases, and druggie punks all over the place.

Kelowna has definately gone down hill in the last few months to a point where all those who are selling their homes and moving away are the smartest bunch around.
Im going to write today off and blame the stuff that has been in the shooting stars for the way the idiots have been here in Rutland today.

Of course, no one else in Rutland noticed any of this craziness today, because they were probably part of it or watching tv.

You counted the cars.
You counted every car to drive down your street today.
You counted every car that drove down your street, and you spoke to the RCMP numerous times.
If I were to write a book and base a character around you, no publisher would take it. It would be far too unrealistic.
Really - who does that?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Postby SweetMarie82 » Nov 29th, 2008, 2:58 am

are you sure you haven't went crazy on this first day of snow??????

Or they could have been busy with things called oh let me see their jobs,lives,kids,etc..

Really - who does that?

Apparently he does. LOL hey are you sure it was 900? not 901 or 899? you know just incase you miscalculated or maybe added the same vehicle twice. Yikes i wish i only had time to sit back and count cars darn my busy life lol..
Until you can prove yourself perfect, you cannot put others down for their imperfections.”
SweetMarie82
Fledgling

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Catz » Nov 29th, 2008, 7:38 am

You really need to move away...sell your home, and buy a farm far away from a city.

It will save you from having a stoke or heart attack.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 759 posts

Postby Phoenix Within » Nov 29th, 2008, 9:13 am

Struts 'N' Stuff Auto wrote:Kelowna has definately gone down hill in the last few months to a point where all those who are selling their homes and moving away are the smartest bunch around.

Could be that people are moving to somewhere where the job market is better. I can't logically see people moving out of town because of a few months of craziness. You think Kelowna is bad? Try living in Edmonton. This town is a cakewalk!

That's because everyone drive like it's still summer. Happens everywhere. Sounds like they had quite a few cars in the ditch up on Boucherie Road, not to mention other parts of town.

What makes you think that Rutland was the only place going crazy yesterday? Catch the news about that house fire on Bernard? Rutland doesn't hold the exclusive rights to stupidity.

mechanic_virus wrote:If I were to write a book and base a character around you, no publisher would take it. It would be far too unrealistic.
Really - who does that?

An old widow with a lot of cats! :D
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Phoenix Within
Guru

Liked in: 870 posts

Postby onestop67 » Nov 29th, 2008, 11:07 pm

Like a crack or meth addict who takes a bike apart over and over, just to put it back together, over and over.
onestop67
Guru

Liked in: 344 posts

Postby BoB76 » Nov 29th, 2008, 11:14 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFA9gQh_ ... re=related

Crazy old people in the Collison Road area!!!
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
BoB76
Guru

Liked in: 121 posts

Postby Struts 'N' Stuff Auto » Nov 30th, 2008, 8:30 am

Phoenix Within wrote: You think Kelowna is bad? Try living in Edmonton.

Actually, I lived in Edmonton for 40 year before moving here!
Edmonton has traffic, but per capita Kelowna has more freaks, druggies, punks, etc.
Edmonton also has a real Police force, and vigilante's that wouldn't think twice about tuning punks in for driving around in a Pick n Pull vehicle with no muffler in quiet residential areas!

Kelowna has a real serious problem with freaks, punks, druggies at night, a real big problem!
They fly through residential areas, avoiding main drags from 6 p.m. until 3 or 4 a.m. and Not one vehicle is stock quiet, not one drives properly in residential, and more then likely a whole bunch need their heads kicked in because jail proves nothing!
Beer cans and broken bottles litter the residential streets of Rutland every Saturday and Sunday morning, I wonder where they came from? Possibly all them punks drinking and driving at night.

This is a real serious problem, but nothing can be done because of our City Council, and lack of a real Police force.
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

Postby Bsuds » Nov 30th, 2008, 8:32 am

So if you dislike it here so much, why don't you move back?

Just curious.
Ducks have feathers to cover their Butt Quacks!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 12984 posts

Postby Struts 'N' Stuff Auto » Nov 30th, 2008, 9:00 am

Bsuds wrote:So if you dislike it here so much, why don't you move back?
Just curious.

First of all, the problem does not go away when I move .
There are other long time residents that don't want to move either.
This City does not have to be like this, the problems need to be dealt with, not left alone!

I don't understand why there are so many chicken *bleep* people who don't want to do anything to clean up this mess of a City, and the ones who do, are being told to leave or move somewhere else.

I don't really want to leave in these "strange financial times", and my other half has a good stable job for life!

Also, moving costs money, and is a lot of work!
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

Postby Struts 'N' Stuff Auto » Nov 30th, 2008, 9:21 am

Look at what Penticton is doing! Something that Kelowna needs to start doing.

Seven arrested for impaired driving
by Castanet Staff - Story: 43348
Nov 25, 2008 / 3:01 pm

Can you afford to become a statistic?

Penticton RCMP say many people are still not getting the message about drinking and driving and that statement was proven by an enforcement blitz which took place Friday evening.

Sergeant John Rasmussen says over the course of just a few hours, seven people were arrested for impaired driving.
“We set up road checks in outlaying secondary roadways, locations not normally frequented by police for the purpose of checking for impaired drivers. This proved that many drivers just don’t listen, as these drivers felt that they could drink alcohol in the local establishments and as they only had a few blocks to drive home, thinking taking a side road to avoid the police would be acceptable,” says Rasmussen.
He says it doesn’t make a difference if a driver is driving 100 kilometres or two blocks.

“People caught driving while impaired face the same consequence, regardless of the distance they were travelling.”

Rasmussen says the grim reality is those caught driving impaired face a heavy fine and possible jail time.

“Can you afford to pay up to $2,000 fine and have your drivers licence suspended for over a year? That is the reality of being caught driving while impaired for your first conviction.”

He says as well as the people arrested for impaired driving, an additional 12 drivers were given a 24 hour driving prohibition, two drug seizure were made, 28 Provincial traffic tickets issued and 23 written warning for minor vehicle defects were handed out.

Good Work Penticton RCMP!

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story--21-.htm
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

Postby Catz » Nov 30th, 2008, 9:28 am

We all have to make choices in life...

you choose to stay there
you choose not to move to a quiet community
there are things that you do and donot have control over

quite frankly...things are not going to change
you are very unhappy...but choose to stay
your reasonning for staying are falling on deaf ears, and it gets old.

say it with me...

it is not going to change

now click your heals and go back to where you came from

all this anger inside of you...wasted energy

move somewhere else in kelowna if you want to stay...you choose to stay

suck it up then buttercup, and move on
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Postby BoB76 » Nov 30th, 2008, 9:33 am

Puffy wrote:We all have to make choices in life...

you choose to stay there
you choose not to move to a quiet community
there are things that you do and donot have control over

quite frankly...things are not going to change
you are very unhappy...but choose to stay
your reasonning for staying are falling on deaf ears, and it gets old.

say it with me...

now click your heals and go back to where you came from

all this anger inside of you...wasted energy

move somewhere else in kelowna if you want to stay...you choose to stay

suck it up then buttercup, and move on

I agree Stuts. Pack up your stuff and put some of the hate energy into shoveling snow in Alberta!!
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
BoB76
Guru

Liked in: 121 posts

Postby Catz » Nov 30th, 2008, 9:36 am

:ohmygod:

Do we actually agree on something?
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Catz » Nov 30th, 2008, 9:48 am

you realize Jo must be in shock this am

BTW...Some people from Alberta are nice, you know. :sunshine:
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Next

Return to Grab Bag